Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 11, 2022, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: Nanderson on November 11, 2022, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 11, 2022, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 11, 2022, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2022, 10:46:29 PM
Musk & Twitter ownership don't seem a good fit. He'll likely ruin it first with kneejerk tinkering and then bankrupt it.

Put yer money where your mouth is...

Turns out he tried to get out of the commitments he made with all the bumming and blowing he did a few months ago, but whatever he signed up to, the then owners of Twitter won in court and he had to honour those obligations.

Allegedly he'll be paying almost $7B per year on interest alone on the loan he took out to buy Twitter.

As I've said before, a snake oil salesman who got lucky on Paypal, but looks like he's fúcked it up.

Greed and ego are a bad combination especially when you've no one around you to tell you to wise the fúck up..

He paid $44b for it. It's doubtful if it is worth $44m.
When you cannot see your own limitations it is amazing where people can get to in life.
That's why I don't understand how something that is hemorrhaging money by all accounts can be worth 44 billion
Surely something as big as twitter wouldn't take a whole pile to turn a round and make profitable?
It will end up like those mobile games that used to come out and be really addictive and generating high traffic, then the owner monetises it by putting ads in it and people just stop playing it

johnnycool

Quote from: Nanderson on November 11, 2022, 10:49:32 AM
Musk & Twitter ownership don't seem a good fit. He'll likely ruin it first with kneejerk tinkering and then bankrupt it.

Turns out he tried to get out of the commitments he made with all the bumming and blowing he did a few months ago, but whatever he signed up to, the then owners of Twitter won in court and he had to honour those obligations.

Allegedly he'll be paying almost $7B per year on interest alone on the loan he took out to buy Twitter.

As I've said before, a snake oil salesman who got lucky on Paypal, but looks like he's fúcked it up.

Greed and ego are a bad combination especially when you've no one around you to tell you to wise the fúck up..

When you cannot see your own limitations it is amazing where people can get to in life.
That's why I don't understand how something that is hemorrhaging money by all accounts can be worth 44 billion
Surely something as big as twitter wouldn't take a whole pile to turn a round and make profitable?
It will end up like those mobile games that used to come out and be really addictive and generating high traffic, then the owner monetises it by putting ads in it and people just stop playing it

Elon has missed the point of twitter. He wants a "free for all" but if those who put up the interesting content (for me that's politicians, journalists and scientists, sports content etc etc but will vary from person to person) and allows all the shíte of the day on it unabated, then the companies currently advertising on the platform may have rethinks and those who put value content on will move away, not needing the hassle that comes with the lunatics with a free reign.

imtommygunn

It's a complete mess anyway and what he thinks the problem is is very far from being the problem. He thinks people should be able to speak uninhibited on it. A lot of people do and stuff like vaccine rhetoric, even more local the likes of that binlid etc say what they like however there are some "causes" that have been muzzled so suddenly it's woke etc. There are quite a few on it who are not muzzled who should be. People who are susceptible to being influenced read all that stuff and hey presto they're influenced.

That said on the flip side I do wonder if the cancel culture stuff originates from twitter. I definitely think it's a big factor but I don't know if he'll be able to stop the "pile ons".

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on November 11, 2022, 11:46:23 AM

Elon has missed the point of twitter. He wants a "free for all" but if those who put up the interesting content (for me that's politicians, journalists and scientists, sports content etc etc but will vary from person to person) and allows all the shíte of the day on it unabated, then the companies currently advertising on the platform may have rethinks and those who put value content on will move away, not needing the hassle that comes with the lunatics with a free reign.

Is advertising revenue that big for Twitter. I think he's trying to get the $8 to finally monetise it.
I do agree that it will become a cesspit.

Nice new slag though, "your Da pays for a blue tick on twitter" Up there with "Your Da sell Avon"

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on November 11, 2022, 12:43:06 PM

Is advertising revenue that big for Twitter. I think he's trying to get the $8 to finally monetise it.

Nice new slag though, "your Da pays for a blue tick on twitter" Up there with "Your Da sell Avon"

How else did it generate income before Elon took over?

He's trying to monetise it in more ways than selling a blue tick for $8 per month, he's trying to sell off your data hence why his CFO and a few high up legal types resigned lately.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Nanderson on November 10, 2022, 07:31:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 10, 2022, 06:59:31 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2022, 06:59:11 PM
Has anyone bought their verification yet??

Jamie Bryson
he claims hes been verified for 5 years. dont know how though

The paying for the blue tick is now gone apparently
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gmac

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 09:52:55 AM
Theyve taken the roads in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307.amp
less than 10% working at headquarters here in sf , sitting at home doing sfa

quit yo jibbajabba

Worse than the civil service ffs

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 11, 2022, 03:24:05 PM

He's trying to monetise it in more ways than selling a blue tick for $8 per month, he's trying to sell off your data hence why his CFO and a few high up legal types resigned lately.

It didn't need to find the $44bn the galoot borrowed to buy it. Twitter was famously famous for never making real money.

I cannot advise strongly enough not to give twitter your credit card details at the moment

AustinPowers

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 18, 2022, 03:14:26 PM

It didn't need to find the $44bn the galoot borrowed to buy it. Twitter was famously famous for never making real money.

I cannot advise strongly enough not to give twitter your credit card details at the moment

Why would you need to ever give Twitter your  credit card details?

johnnycool

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 18, 2022, 06:00:50 PM

How would you pay for the blue tick?

Gmac

Donald making a comeback today maybe.

screenexile

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 18, 2022, 06:00:50 PM

Companies wanting to promote tweets and I'm sure other functions that can be bought.