Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Has anyone bought their verification yet??

johnnycool

balladmaker

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2022, 06:59:11 PM

Hasn't been removed as yet, the tick is still there.  I hear talk of some sort of new badge needed now as well though.

Nanderson

Quote from: johnnycool on November 10, 2022, 06:59:31 PM

Jamie Bryson
he claims hes been verified for 5 years. dont know how though

bennydorano

Musk & Twitter ownership don't seem a good fit. He'll likely ruin it first with kneejerk tinkering and then bankrupt it.

screenexile

Quote from: balladmaker on November 10, 2022, 07:05:32 PM

Hasn't been removed as yet, the tick is still there.  I hear talk of some sort of new badge needed now as well though.

Yeeeeeooooooo

The wee w**ker bought his tick!!

imtommygunn

If twitter goes he would go with it. That's where he "made" himself. That's one of the main reasons I hope it goes  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2022, 10:46:29 PM
Musk & Twitter ownership don't seem a good fit. He'll likely ruin it first with kneejerk tinkering and then bankrupt it.
He reminds me of Truss.
He will drive down the value and someone else will take over or it will be IPO'd
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Put yer money where your mouth is...

Turns out he tried to get out of the commitments he made with all the bumming and blowing he did a few months ago, but whatever he signed up to, the then owners of Twitter won in court and he had to honour those obligations.

Allegedly he'll be paying almost $7B per year on interest alone on the loan he took out to buy Twitter.

As I've said before, a snake oil salesman who got lucky on Paypal, but looks like he's fúcked it up.

Greed and ego are a bad combination especially when you've no one around you to tell you to wise the fúck up..

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on November 11, 2022, 09:34:24 AM

Turns out he tried to get out of the commitments he made with all the bumming and blowing he did a few months ago, but whatever he signed up to, the then owners of Twitter won in court and he had to honour those obligations.

Allegedly he'll be paying almost $7B per year on interest alone on the loan he took out to buy Twitter.

As I've said before, a snake oil salesman who got lucky on Paypal, but looks like he's fúcked it up.

Greed and ego are a bad combination especially when you've no one around you to tell you to wise the fúck up..

He paid $44b for it. It's doubtful if it is worth $44m.
When you cannot see your own limitations it is amazing where people can get to in life.

Armagh18

7 Billion of interest. 90% of the world is struggling to make ends meet. Jesus Christ the world has gone loopy.

Nanderson

Quote from: trailer on November 11, 2022, 09:37:47 AM

When you cannot see your own limitations it is amazing where people can get to in life.
That's why I don't understand how something that is hemorrhaging money by all accounts can be worth 44 billion

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on November 11, 2022, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 11, 2022, 09:37:47 AM

That's why I don't understand how something that is hemorrhaging money by all accounts can be worth 44 billion
Surely something as big as twitter wouldn't take a whole pile to turn a round and make profitable?

Eire90

Hes basically done a liss truss