The Titanic. Submersible goes missing

Started by Square Ball, June 19, 2023, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Crazy, you'd  think it would have some sort of tracker on it, on the news they had no signal for over 7 hours!

That'll put paid to that 'sightseeing' tour. People have too much money to be doing stuff like that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Was it made in Harland and Wolff from dodgy rivets?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2023, 08:39:10 PM

It was alright when it left Belfast
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2023, 08:39:10 PM

It was alright when it left Belfast

Built by Irishmen, sunk by an Englishman.

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 07:54:20 PM
Crazy, you'd  think it would have some sort of tracker on it, on the news they had no signal for over 7 hours!

That'll put paid to that 'sightseeing' tour. People have too much money to be doing stuff like that

You'd have to be a right ghoul to go on one of those tours.

balladmaker

Indeed, sounds like a catastrophic failure given how it just disappeared.  If it's still intact, they've 96hrs oxygen supply, doesn't bare thinking about the conditions, sitting on the ocean floor waiting for it to run out. 

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on June 19, 2023, 11:17:42 PM

You'd have to be a right ghoul to go on one of those tours.

$250k a ticket too which I suppose is pocket change to the people on it.

96 hour countdown on your life stuck in that thing. What a way to go.

Abble

I'd have been asking some fast serious questions the second I seen the ps4 controller being used for navigation!!

Saffrongael

Quote from: Abble on June 20, 2023, 11:03:07 AM
I'd have been asking some fast serious questions the second I seen the ps4 controller being used for navigation!!

Yep, should have been a PS5 controller
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

clarshack

Quote from: balladmaker on June 20, 2023, 09:11:14 AM

Indeed, sounds like a catastrophic failure given how it just disappeared. If it's still intact, they've 96hrs oxygen supply, doesn't bare thinking about the conditions, sitting on the ocean floor waiting for it to run out.

In all likelihood they were goners the moment contact was lost. Horrific.

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 20, 2023, 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Abble on June 20, 2023, 11:03:07 AM

Yep, should have been a PS5 controller

I thought that was a pisstake until I saw the video of the submarine/tube and whilst it's an off the shelf logitech games controller and other improvised items are used, I wouldn't want to be going 2.5 miles down in it...

JPGJOHNNYG

It is a worry when you see a games controller, flip side is they managed to send men to the moon with pretty basic tech by today's standards although I wouldnt fancy space tourism either. All seems a rather unnecessary risk for these wealthy guys.

trailer

What maritime or government agency approved this sub? What testing has it undergone? It's like a technology project from school. Even if they find it on the bottom of the ocean there's no way to go and get it. Best hope is that it is bobbing up and down on the surface.... and they can't get out cause it is sealed from the outside... f**k me like.

square_ball