Any Motorcyclists on the board?

Started by mannix, June 09, 2007, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Just wondering if any of you ride a motorcycle and if so what type.Are they becoming popular in ireland again or am i just imagining it?

Donagh

There's always been a serious bike racing subculture in Ireland so I don't think it's a recent thing – Skerries, NW200, UGP, Mondello, Tandragee, Cookstown have all been as well attended for as long as I can remember.

stew

I have a bike but I live stateside, i enjoy it for the four months I can use it and i drive to work and back every day and love it. (60 mile each way)

kawasaki vulcan nomad, 1600cc's of pure power and fun, that said the missus has told me that she has decided never to get on it again so i am selling it  :(

$11,000 buy the ting, any takers??????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Star Spangler

I had a VFR800 up until recently.  I fell off it and dislocated my shoulder and broke my foot (and I was wearing good boots).  The wife wasn't too happy any time I went out on the bike after that so I decided to sell it.  :-[

QuoteIts a Protestant sport. Don't bother.

Catch a grip.

SuperMac

I ride a Honda Superfour. Commute everyday on it. Was up in in Carlingford on Saturday. Went onto Newry, Warrenpoint, Rostrevor etc on Sunday before heading back to Dublin. Beautiful part of the country. " kawasaki vulcan nomad, 1600cc's of pure power," that's some power stew.

As for my trip to Carlingford, lucky to be alive today. As I was heading down a straight a few miles from Carlingford, a complete idiot (their is better language I could describe him but  admin would not be too pleased) started to overtake 2 cars. He hadn't glanced to see I was coming in the opposite direction and he was heading straight for me and not able to pull back in his side of the road. Luckily he or his passenger seen me,  pulled over towards the hard shoulder and I went up thru the middle blasting me horn at the idiot. Bikes, great way to travel, with the traffic in Dublin, the only way to get about the city, but with all these idiots in their steel cages......... >:(