Laois JFC A Championship 2023

Started by Joeythelips, July 30, 2023, 09:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Camross GAA Club 1-5 v 6-19 Annanough
The Rock GAA Club 0-9 v 3-5 The Harps
Kilcavan 0-11 v 0-7 Barrowhouse GAA

Some interesting results this week, massive win for Annanough and while they would have been expected to win, the likes of Spink, The Harps or Camross can be a dangerous fixture when hurlers are going well. Kilcavan edged out Barrowhouse and The Harps had a very good win against The Rock. Looks like it will be a very competitive championship.

Sir Alex7

With 3 groups how many qualify from each other? Same with junior b?

Joeythelips

As far as Im aware, top teams go into semi finals with 2nd placed teams playing thirds in quarters.

The PRO

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 30, 2023, 05:57:46 PM
As far as Im aware, top teams go into semi finals with 2nd placed teams playing thirds in quarters.
I think top teams go in to semi finals with the three second placed teams playing off to get the fourth spot.
I think the third placed teams are out?

Joeythelips

Annanough (v Spink), The Harps (v Kilcavan) and St Josephs (v Port) won again to all but seal qualification to knockout stage and all 3 teams look strong contenders to win it out. Im unsure if 3rd place in group have a chance to go through, if not Barrowhouse are out as The Rock take on Kilcavan in final round of games with the winner joining The Harps in the next round as both are on 2 points.

Very competitive championship with anyone of 3 or 4 teams more than capable of winning it.

redsetanta

Arles beat Portlaoise in the JFC C championship on Wednesday evening. Into a semifinal next Tuesday. Portlaoise had a younger team but it was the old dogs experience got them through with Chris Conway scoring the decisive goal.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Arles through to the 'C' final.

Be great to see some of these lads who won a senior county title 20 years ago go on and win a Junior title this year.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The PRO

Junior A final was pretty poor last night. The Harps never raised a gallop and you'd have to wonder about the standard of the teams they beat to reach the final.
Not that Annanough will mind. They were comfortable winners. Should have won by more.
Good to see them win it. They wanted it more. I was talking to a couple of Harps lads after it and the feeling was "it's only football".

Spiritof1915

Quote from: The PRO on October 14, 2023, 01:28:22 PMJunior A final was pretty poor last night. The Harps never raised a gallop and you'd have to wonder about the standard of the teams they beat to reach the final.
Not that Annanough will mind. They were comfortable winners. Should have won by more.
Good to see them win it. They wanted it more. I was talking to a couple of Harps lads after it and the feeling was "it's only football".
Their right lol