Laois Senior Football Championship 2023

Started by Spiritof86, March 02, 2023, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountrath1

Great job with portlaoise.  Are you joking.. 4 years and not even a league to show for it. Get a grip will ya. Wasn't to long ago when some of his players were speaking behind his back..

Saint88

Obviously you have a personal issue with Kevin. Maybe when you have done half of what he's done you can talk. Getting that Portlaoise team to a County final is an achievement.

redsetanta

Joe Brolly is right when he says clubs should be managed by a clubman and county teams should be managed by one of their own. As he says would get rid of all these excessive payments and the merry go round of managers. Clubs wasting big sums on outside managers when that money could go into improving underage and club facilities.

Well done to St Josephs, I didn't think they'd have enough for Port. Graigue won't be winning a county title anytime soon.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Spiritof86

Joes extremely organised unit . Port a shadow of themselves. Don't think Cuinnigham is sticking around .
Portlaoise much the better team with goals probably disguising how dominant they were .
Stradbally and The Heath will be a tasty curtain raiser .
No fresh talent on show this weekend . Same faces mostly still be the most productive at this level .

Saint88

Port were so bad it hard to figure out how good Josephs are.

El Jefe

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 02, 2023, 01:12:38 PMJoes extremely organised unit . Port a shadow of themselves. Don't think Cuinnigham is sticking around .
Portlaoise much the better team with goals probably disguising how dominant they were .
Stradbally and The Heath will be a tasty curtain raiser .
No fresh talent on show this weekend . Same faces mostly still be the most productive at this level .
That final is on the day before.

Laois Rising

Portarlington had a couple of poop performances last year as well and good fortune got them over the line on more than one occasion. This Portarlington team peaked two years ago and it was inevitable that they would be beaten sooner rather than later. Had Martin Murphy been there I'm not sure whether it would have made a huge difference. Joseph's have been building with Dempsey the last couple of years. They had a nice blend of youth and experience which every team needs.

The in house club manager versus the outside manager debate is an interesting one. One year my club selected one of our former players as manager for the year. One of the first training sessions outlined to the players where things had gone wrong the previous year. Couple of players took umbrage with what was said and a row broke out. The year was already over and a write off after that and it only January. Had an outside manager said the same things it might have been accepted more.

If you are going in house needs to be someone of very high stature within the club who is completely respected by the players.       

From the Terrace

My predictions for this weekend. all close games - Joes by 2, Stradbally by 2 & Park by 1.

Laoiseabu

I didn't see Matthew Campion or Josh OBrien playing for Joseph's the last day , any word if they will be available for Sunday ???

Spiritof86

Tintin84

Any word on Laois Senior Intercounty Manager yet? I heard both Billy O'L and Eddie Kinsella have been turned down, any truth in the rumour they went up north to meet a candidate? Getting a bit ridiculous now at this stage. It was to be decided last week and still nothing a week later. Does anyone have any info about it???

High Fielder

It will definitely happen this year. Maybe

El Jefe

Should have been done by now but better to wait and get right man. Don't think either of those two are what's needed.

On the weekend, the final's hard to call. Hopefully Joseph's do it but it'll be tight, a point or two either way. Think the B Final might be the same. Can just see The Heath nicking that one. The relegation game, I'll go with Clonaslee.

Target Man

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 12, 2023, 04:28:35 PMAny word on Laois Senior Intercounty Manager yet? I heard both Billy O'L and Eddie Kinsella have been turned down, any truth in the rumour they went up north to meet a candidate? Getting a bit ridiculous now at this stage. It was to be decided last week and still nothing a week later. Does anyone have any info about it???

For last few weeks was hearing Billy OLoughlin from everyone....the delay on the announcement might indicate it's not him

In last week or so have heard James Horan and also Mick Dempsey names mentioned, no idea if any truth to either of them

Verbal

Quote from: Target Man on October 12, 2023, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: Tintin84 on October 12, 2023, 04:28:35 PMAny word on Laois Senior Intercounty Manager yet? I heard both Billy O'L and Eddie Kinsella have been turned down, any truth in the rumour they went up north to meet a candidate? Getting a bit ridiculous now at this stage. It was to be decided last week and still nothing a week later. Does anyone have any info about it???

For last few weeks was hearing Billy OLoughlin from everyone....the delay on the announcement might indicate it's not him

In last week or so have heard James Horan and also Mick Dempsey names mentioned, no idea if any truth to either of them

Some money involved in a James Moran operation!
Micko peanuts in comparison!