Laois Senior Football Championship 2023

Started by Spiritof86, March 02, 2023, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

A tasty derby between Killeshin and Graigue. Stradbally and Park another interesting game.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 27, 2023, 10:56:58 PM
Anyone know why Flanagan and Saunders weren't involved with Portlaoise today ? Both made appearances the last day against Rosenallis

Saunders was injured,Flanagan was away I'm told

Hospital Pass

Some nice looking games in the winners section.
Looking forward to emo vs Joseph's.. Good barometer for where both those teams are at.
Port still favorites even with all the injuries

Heshs Umpire

Can only comment on our game last weekend as didn't see the other three.
It was a tall order for Courtwood to win that game being without Donoher and Hogan on top of the lads who are unavailable this year (Collins, Luttrell and Luke Doran).
But Ballyroan Abbey never really put the game to bed and paid a huge price getting caught with that late goal.
Thought Colm Walsh, Diarmuid Whelan and Davin McEvoy were their best players. Sean O'Flynn rightly grabbed the headlines but his brother Paul and Cian Doyle were also very good for us.
The draw could've been kinder for the next round though!🙂
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Hospital Pass

Jezz hesh that's quiet a list of absentees. I would have thought the squad would have been too small to cope with those losses. Fair play on the win. Ballyroan must be kicking themselves

How is Alan kinsella been playing since his bad injury?

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on August 30, 2023, 05:35:42 PM
It was a tall order for Courtwood to win that game being without Donoher and Hogan on top of the lads who are unavailable this year (Collins, Luttrell and Luke Doran).
But Ballyroan Abbey never really put the game to bed and paid a huge price getting caught with that late goal.
Thought Colm Walsh, Diarmuid Whelan and Davin McEvoy were their best players. Sean O'Flynn rightly grabbed the headlines but his brother Paul and Cian Doyle were also very good for us.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 31, 2023, 10:17:01 AM
Jezz hesh that's quiet a list of absentees. I would have thought the squad would have been too small to cope with those losses. Fair play on the win. Ballyroan must be kicking themselves

How is Alan kinsella been playing since his bad injury?

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on August 30, 2023, 05:35:42 PM
Alan's getting better with each game. He only played his first game shortly before the league final so each game he plays from now on is bound to bring him on.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Robbo

Ive been awful wit predictions so far but here we go again.
I'm goin for:
Ballyfin to beat Killeen after a battle. 5 to spare
Clonslee in low scorin game by 2
Strad to beat park by 4
Ballyroan at there ease by 8

In big games:
Port by 8
Portlaoise on pens
Graigue by 4
Emo in a bit of a shock by 2

Also well-done to spink tonight. I fancied the Rock to win that junior but its some open championship.

SCFC

Think Port and Graigue will have comfortable enough wins. 5 or 6 points. Joe's should beat Emo but maybe only by 2 or 3 and the other one is very hard to call. Maybe O'Dempseys after extra time.

Ballyroan Abbey and Stradbally should win in the B. They could meet in the final if they avoid each other in the draw. Ballyfin to edge Killeen and can't call the other. Heath and Clonaslee are both very unpredictable teams.

Sideline12

Looking forward to  semi finals
the 4 teams have improved from the earlier
rounds,can graiguecullen and st.joseph cause a upset .

Ballybrittas Boy

Quote from: Sideline12 on September 17, 2023, 09:38:33 PM
can graiguecullen and st.joseph cause a upset .
I don't think so. Looks like a Port v Portlaoise final to me. Graigue were good in patches and Joseph's made hard work of a pretty average Emo team.
Colm Murphy the player of the weekend just edging the brilliant Mark Timmons.

Saint88

Quote from: Ballybrittas Boy on September 18, 2023, 12:00:52 AM
Quote from: Sideline12 on September 17, 2023, 09:38:33 PM
can graiguecullen and st.joseph cause a upset .
I don't think so. Looks like a Port v Portlaoise final to me. Graigue were good in patches and Joseph's made hard work of a pretty average Emo team.
Colm Murphy the player of the weekend just edging the brilliant Mark Timmons.

Graigue could cause an upset but portarlington look too good.

Having said that Courtwood were set up very naively.

Sideline12

No discussion on the forum about the weekends games are laois people losing interest in our local championships, senior semifinals Portlaois and Port look good and
Ballylinan in the IFC final.

High Fielder

Of course people have lost interest. And in fairness why wouldn't they?

Jd

Saw Donie back in action last night. Makes you wonder what he could have achieved cos he was about quarter fit and couldn't be marked. Sold 3 dummy solos for the goal with a fella hanging off of him. That said Park were shocking. I'd say they are certs to go down now

Saint88

Graigue paying another manager a fortune with no return.

Ballyroan the same.

Portarlington gone seriously backwards under Cunningham.

Kevin Fitz doing a great job with an average Portlaoise team.

Mick Dempsey has Joseph's in their first final in 20+ years.

With the exception of Martin Murphy clubs are wasting a lot of money on mercenaries.