Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2020, 03:25:45 PM
Does it matter if its the Shinners or SDLP  who speak for the nationalists?   Doesn't it boil down to the unionist pleb resent nationalists because of a perception that nationalists are doing bettter than them, whereas in the past the unionist pleb could tolerate their own misery because the nationalist pleb was worse off.
Was there not a Nolan show on how some  unionist politicians  were annoyed about Uni students wearing GAA shirts on campus. Not only are they getting educated but they're swamping the place out and throwing it at our faces.

The new one is about how the Holylands is 90%+ Catholic...

How did this happen, and can you imagine what the reaction would be if it was 90%+ Protestant...
Ben Lowry already has an article on it
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/columnists/ben-lowry-just-imagine-if-holylands-was-94-protestant-3043394
Ulster League Champions 2009

LCohen

Quote from: Estimator on November 23, 2020, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2020, 03:25:45 PM
Does it matter if its the Shinners or SDLP  who speak for the nationalists?   Doesn't it boil down to the unionist pleb resent nationalists because of a perception that nationalists are doing bettter than them, whereas in the past the unionist pleb could tolerate their own misery because the nationalist pleb was worse off.
Was there not a Nolan show on how some  unionist politicians  were annoyed about Uni students wearing GAA shirts on campus. Not only are they getting educated but they're swamping the place out and throwing it at our faces.

The new one is about how the Holylands is 90%+ Catholic...

How did this happen, and can you imagine what the reaction would be if it was 90%+ Protestant...
Ben Lowry already has an article on it
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/columnists/ben-lowry-just-imagine-if-holylands-was-94-protestant-3043394

Lowry needs to do a bit more legwork on this one.

Even if the stat on the Holylands is correct (and I don't know whether it is or not) what is the significance?

Is it to do with the numbers of catholic's/Protestants going to university?
Is it to do with the numbers choosing NI universities or elsewhere?
Is it the numbers travelling or living away from home?
Is it the numbers choosing the Holylands vs other areas in Belfast?

Lowry might have a story but he hasn't proven it yet

imtommygunn

You expect students to be open minded he says...

I would expect a journalist like that to be open minded but that's not the case.

johnnycool

Steeky Nolan saying he's won a libel case off an anonymous twitter account, Pastor Jimberoo and taken him for a 5 figure sum.

I was following that whole tet-a-tet and TBH your man was only questioning the makeup of Nolans guests and why Allister and Bryson were on so much in relation to their voting base..

Unless he's said something else I think the hard facts were with him, so not sure on what grounds Nolan won out!!

What did come out of it is that the Nolan show and his breakfast radio show are deemed entertainment and don't need to follow any rules on balance of guests and the likes..

Time the SDLP stopped going on his show

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on July 02, 2021, 09:28:23 AM
Steeky Nolan saying he's won a libel case off an anonymous twitter account, Pastor Jimberoo and taken him for a 5 figure sum.

I was following that whole tet-a-tet and TBH your man was only questioning the makeup of Nolans guests and why Allister and Bryson were on so much in relation to their voting base..

Unless he's said something else I think the hard facts were with him, so not sure on what grounds Nolan won out!!

What did come out of it is that the Nolan show and his breakfast radio show are deemed entertainment and don't need to follow any rules on balance of guests and the likes..

Six figures, well whoever it was I assume would be "known" as he paid dearly to protect his anonymity. He had some time in his hands, 200 odd tweets a day he was churning out.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Not everyone has six figures hangin around to pay out either.....never thought it could be someone well known

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 02, 2021, 09:31:57 AM

Six figures, well whoever it was I assume would be "known" as he paid dearly to protect his anonymity. He had some time in his hands, 200 odd tweets a day he was churning out.

I stand corrected, what's a zero between friends.

Yes, wondering who that might be..

He portrayed himself as someone brought up in a unionist community but was pro a UI...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 02, 2021, 09:31:57 AM

Must have worked in the public sector.

north_antrim_hound

Good news for fast food outlets round ormeau avenue.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

smort

Sure would be a deterrence to others if they knew their identity could be revealed

johnnycool

NI seems to be a place apart as well when it comes to Libel;;

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/jeffrey-donaldson-sued-us-heres-why-were-going-public/

Wonder why the DUP don't want to align to England and Wales when it suits....

imtommygunn

People should have more sense with social media and this shows it again. Nolan is horrible so it's annoying to see him get a payout after all the hate he peddles.

Main Street

How is it done to track down the identity of  an anon Twitter account? court order or some other way?