Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Its called Collusion over here Tony - Being sold as a package along with the Ghosts of Belfast book.

Celt_Man

No surprise over the holidays I've read a fare few books...

Worth Dying For - Lee Child... The latest installment of the Jack Reacher series - fecking excellent, have been looking forward to it for a good while and it didn't disappoint.  Literally couldn't put in down, probably read it in 4 or 5 sittings

Deliver Us From Evil - David Baldacci... follow up to The Whole Truth, another cracker - in fairness Baldacci is one of the best around IMHO, the main character Shaw is another cool mo-fo a lá Reacher above

Read one of the latest Alex Cross books from James Patterson, I don't find them near as good as I used to, seem to have a bit of "fiction writing by numbers" about it...

Also one of those First Murders Club or something like it (I was stuck for something to do) think it was called 8th Confession... Written by Patterson and some chick - really hate those "Big name writer coauthoring a book with a lesser light" because it feels like the "big name author" really had fook all to do with it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Olly

Finished this book. It's a wonderfully uplifted argument and makes you feel that nothing's important. I was also a bit sad with everything at the end.

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on January 04, 2011, 08:09:09 PM
Its called Collusion over here Tony - Being sold as a package along with the Ghosts of Belfast book.
Just about finished Collusion - fantastic stuff for a debut author. Have you read them Puck?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Niall Quinn

Olly, I'd be interested to hear your take on Benatar's antinatalist stance. Is this indeed a world of net pain, and is procreation always the wrong option?
Here's another book I think you might enjoy:
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Joxer

Heading away travelling with work now for a couple of weeks.

Any reccomendations for a bit of reading? 

Doogie Browser

Anyone got a kindle?  Are they any good?

Tyrones own

Quote from: Joxer on February 14, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Heading away travelling with work now for a couple of weeks.

Any reccomendations for a bit of reading?
Jaysus...there's 33 pages here of recommendations  :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 05, 2011, 01:09:10 AM
No surprise over the holidays I've read a fare few books...

Worth Dying For - Lee Child... The latest installment of the Jack Reacher series - fecking excellent, have been looking forward to it for a good while and it didn't disappoint.  Literally couldn't put in down, probably read it in 4 or 5 sittings

Deliver Us From Evil - David Baldacci... follow up to The Whole Truth, another cracker - in fairness Baldacci is one of the best around IMHO, the main character Shaw is another cool mo-fo a lá Reacher above

Read one of the latest Alex Cross books from James Patterson, I don't find them near as good as I used to, seem to have a bit of "fiction writing by numbers" about it...

Also one of those First Murders Club or something like it (I was stuck for something to do) think it was called 8th Confession... Written by Patterson and some chick - really hate those "Big name writer coauthoring a book with a lesser light" because it feels like the "big name author" really had fook all to do with it
James Patterson has quit trying. He seems to have a stable of co-writers just churning out book after book. Just a money making machine.

ziggy90

New on here so don't know your tastes but I would highly recommend The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga (brilliant)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Hardy

This is only going to cause confusion.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on February 27, 2011, 01:31:04 PM
This is only going to cause confusion.
You'd think with ziggy (the other one) being a mod he would have vetoed yer new man's username.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

maggie

Anyone ever read 'Room'?

The Iceman

Went back to fiction there for a while and not sure if any of you enjoy Martial Arts Crime Thrillers but two really good books for yous:
Sensei by John Donoghue
The Cutting Season by Arthur Rosenfeld (Have read 9 books so far this year and this has been by far the best to date)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight