Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 24, 2010, 05:50:28 PM
Crimes Against Liberty- by David Limbaugh
Couldn't put it down  :o

Did you try gun or lethal injection?
MWWSI 2017

charlieTully

hunter s thompsons fear and loathing in las vegas. laugh out loud funny.

ONeill

Just finished In A Strange Room by Damon Galgut. Only managed to read three of the six Booker short listers (Room and C the others) - the result is on Tues evening and personally it'd be Room (loosely based on the Fritzl case). However, Galgut's novel is rich in geographical references and the first person/third person narrative might be the next big thing and that might just swing it. C is favourite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lurganblue

Just got the Alan Sugar autobiography. I'll report back in about 6 months when I've finished it.

Zapatista

Just read Snouts in the Trough by Ken Foxe.

The dirty bastards had some time traveling the world in the lap of luxury. Makes me so angry. The figures are that high and there are that many of the they become a blur after the first couple of chapters and they barely even register. And now we must pay for it all while they swan off witrh their big bonuses and big pensions. Bastards.

ONeill

Howard Jacobson's The Finkler Question - complete outsider - won the Booker. First comedy novel they say.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Darragh Se's book is just out...looking forward to it....I have it ordered on Amazon so I'm trying to stop reading it when I go into Eason's....though from what I hear he doesnt rattle any cages like Kennellly or Jack O'C did...although I think he gives his Uncle a few rattles :D
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

About 3/4 way through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,really loving it.
I see there is also a film on it in Swedish,anyone watched it with the English subtitles? Is it worth watching?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

5 Sams

Just as I thought Darragh's book was benign enough....not much controversy apart from Jack getting a wee rattle (we didnt move in the same circles) and a bit of good natured banter about Paidi...a few refs got a lash as well but nothing to take him to the High Court about...a bit disappointing in fact....I'm sure he has plenty of juicy stuff he could write about esp.. the Mo Fitz saga, he glossed over Tomas and the Gooch gettin dropped. The book was like having a lovely meal and being still hungry when you're finished....enjoyable but not enough....
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 19, 2010, 09:08:58 PM
I see there is also a film on it in Swedish,anyone watched it with the English subtitles? Is it worth watching?
Is definitely worth checking out. Maybe a wee bit too long but is really easy to watch even with the subtitles. Some brutal scenes in it that would be diluted in a Hollywood version.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 19, 2010, 09:08:58 PM

Do you have to tell us every time you score?
MWWSI 2017

BarryBreensBandage

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis of the Chilis - the man should be dead about five times
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

5 Sams

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on October 22, 2010, 04:41:20 PM
Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis of the Chilis - the man should be dead about five times

Read it...agreed...how in the nayma fcuk does he look so good after all that abuse...???

The Aristocrat Years

DirtyDozen12

Not much of a reader but just finished a book Called "I Hope they serve beer in hell".  Written by an American guy called Tucker Max about his exploits with women, drink and parties.  Very good read for the lads, good laugh, he claims its all true also.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Gaaman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 26, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
Not much of a reader but just finished a book Called "I Hope they serve beer in hell".  Written by an American guy called Tucker Max about his exploits with women, drink and parties.  Very good read for the lads, good laugh, he claims its all true also.

The movie of this is currently in production.