Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBT

this is a cracking website for anyone 9nterested in picking up cheap books. Free p&p. www.awesomebooks.co.uk

liihb

Quotehas anyone read 'men who stare at goats'

I havent but Jonathan Ross says its a must read

Yes, its a cracking book, and if its all true, then the American Military is full of some seriously wierd people
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Aerlik

Almost finished "Target North Korea"  by Gavin McCormack, an Aussie journalist.  The Dear Leader might have been out of order in the past few days but this book provides a very interesting background to the events of the past few years.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

ONeill

A Concise Ulster Dictionary by Caroline McAfee

Any hoors here have this? A b'stard of a book to find.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Time for some recommendations people. Biographies or fictional page-turners please :)

Our Nail Loney

I am almost finished this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Enemy-Number-One-Secrets-Professional/dp/190515660X/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i/279-3669316-7002527

Patrick Vietch's autobiography, hes a professional punter who has cleaned the British bookies the last ten years winning millions, including his horse that they backed from 100-1 to 8-1 one day and cleaned up on.. Also the murkier side like when a local con man tried to fleece him and force Patrick into hiding for a year

Obviously you would need a strong niterest in racing an all but if you do then its very good..

vav

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 24, 2009, 10:49:38 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Enemy-Number-One-Secrets-Professional/dp/190515660X/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i/279-3669316-7002527

Patrick Vietch's autobiography, hes a professional punter who has cleaned the British bookies the last ten years winning millions, including his horse that they backed from 100-1 to 8-1 one day and cleaned up on.. Also the murkier side like when a local con man tried to fleece him and force Patrick into hiding for a year

Obviously you would need a strong niterest in racing an all but if you do then its very good..

Sounds like that could be really interesting.. Am in the middle of Mick Fitzgeralds "Better Than Sex" so that will be next on the agenda thanks

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: vav on June 25, 2009, 12:10:26 AM

Sounds like that could be really interesting.. Am in the middle of Mick Fitzgeralds "Better Than Sex" so that will be next on the agenda thanks

Mick's book is very good, I read it a few months back...

Are you not a woman?

full back

Is this the guy that was on 'The Last Word' a few weeks back with Matt Cooper?

tyrone girl

Welcome to hell by Colin Martin

Couldnt put it down when i started, unreal.

blewuporstuffed

read that one aswell ONL, thought it was a good read, read your man Nevisons aswell but he comes across as a p***k, for the amount of money he has won, vietch  seems alot more level headed and likable.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2009, 10:20:53 AM

read that one aswell ONL, thought it was a good read, read your man Nevisons aswell but he comes across as a p***k, for the amount of money he has won, vietch  seems alot more level headed and likable.

Is that the 'No Easy Money' one? I bought it at the same time as Veitch's... Plan to read it after...

Yeah FB, think it was him he has been doing the rounds recently plugging the book.

The Iceman

reading "Spin Selling" at the minute and liking it.  For anyone in sales it is a good read.

To Hell or Barbados - the Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland" By Sean O'Callaghan is a great read if you can find it.

The Abhorsen Trilogy  - by Garth Nix is something I am two books into and waiting to read the third.  Great so far - very dark
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AAAA

There are more copies of Argos catalogues in households in the UK and Ireland than Bibles.  This is a shocking statistic. 

Doogie Browser

There are more bibles in hotel rooms than Argos catalogues.  Frightening statistic.