Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Gerry Ryan.

I always thought he was a dickhead but I got his book through a book club recently and thought it was a great read....very honest and actually very funny and a superb read from start to finish....still a tool though :-\
The Aristocrat Years

The Subbie

Currently reading "spycatcher" by Peter Wright , brilliant read even better because the brits tried to ban it !! heh heh heh

The Iceman

Just finished "the Iceman" Chuck Liddell's story - great read.
His story about Dana White walking into his room the morning after he beat Tito at UFC 47 with naked women laying all over the place is mad craic.

Reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad at the minute - great so far.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on April 09, 2009, 03:04:53 PM
Just finished "the Iceman" Chuck Liddell's story - great read.
His story about Dana White walking into his room the morning after he beat Tito at UFC 47 with naked women laying all over the place is mad craic.

Reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad at the minute - great so far.

Does he mention how he likes to paint his nails? Seriously.

The Iceman

you have lost me? Have you read the book?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

I read an article/interviww with chuck on espn and he loves to paint his toe nails. Neon pink if I remember. Just wondered if it was in his book.

The Iceman

Oh - sorry I thought you were talking about Rich dad.....

yeah Chuck paints his toe nails for fights - it started off as a joke then became a good luck thing for him.  If anyone can get away with it he can.  He even lists his favourite colours lol  Are you going to tell him he sounds like a fruit?

Great read Puck, for any MMA fan - it really goes through the entire history of the sport in America and beyond and although he toots his own trumpet a bit it is enjoyable.

ONeill

Just started Provided You Don't Kiss Me (Christmas present 2007).

Great intro.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on April 09, 2009, 07:33:37 PM

Great intro.
Was it something along the lines of "f**k off shithouse"? It is the definitive book on Clough.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

It was more the foreword/preface thingymajigimy. He mentions a book by a journo who committed suicide.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Great intro.
I got a lend of this from another board member but I have since mislaid it. I was looking forward to reading it too.

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2009, 08:08:39 PM

Great intro.
I got a lend of this from another board member but I have since mislaid it. I was looking forward to reading it too.

Provided you dont kiss me - 20 years with Brian Clough " by Duncan Hamilton

Much better than that recent book
The Aristocrat Years

STREET FIGHTER

Not long finished 'Marching Powder' by RustyYoung & Thomas McFadden.

Interesting read about the notorious prison San Pedro in Bolivia.

Tough reading at times but overall an interesting read.

maggie

Just got 'jamie's ministry of food' book today and was wondering has anyone tried any of the recipes innit?
If so any recommendations?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2009, 10:16:46 PM
Quote from: maggie on April 09, 2009, 10:11:15 PM
Just got 'jamie's ministry of food' book today and was wondering has anyone tried any of the recipes innit?
If so any recommendations?

Quote from: maggie on January 13, 2009, 05:27:41 PM
I think im still as broad a cluchie as the day and hour I arrived 4 years ago. In fact the children in my class imitiate my accent- with wee T'rone phrases.
The day and hour i think i have an English accent- im off.
South East/Essex-horrendous accent and they say yea after every word, innit, yea.
My mum yea, etc etc

How times have changed. Time you were off.
What sort of freak would remember that?!