Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Have revisited the Fantasy series Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan after 12 years.

Fairly epic series but really enjoying and looking forward to how it all finishes up. Jordan had died before he completed the series but left notes for his wife and a novelist Brandon Sanderson to complete.
#newbridgeornowhere

StephenC

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 18, 2015, 02:37:59 PM
Have revisited the Fantasy series Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan after 12 years.

Fairly epic series but really enjoying and looking forward to how it all finishes up. Jordan had died before he completed the series but left notes for his wife and a novelist Brandon Sanderson to complete.

Hmmm. Let us know what you think when you're done.

Tony Baloney

Beatlebone by Kevin Barry getting good reviews. Anyone read The City of Bohan?

ONeill

Big fan of Kevin Barry's work. His short stories are majestic. Would recommend Dark Lies The Island to anyone who hasn't read it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 18, 2015, 11:48:53 PM
Big fan of Kevin Barry's work. His short stories are majestic. Would recommend Dark Lies The Island to anyone who hasn't read it.
Cheers, will drop some large hints in the run up Christmas. Always look forward to a rake of books from Santa.

ashman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 18, 2015, 11:28:26 PM
Beatlebone by Kevin Barry getting good reviews. Anyone read The City of Bohan?

Thought City of Bohane was vastly overrated.  I think his short stories are great .

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 18, 2015, 11:51:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 18, 2015, 11:48:53 PM
Cheers, will drop some large hints in the run up Christmas. Always look forward to a rake of books from Santa.

Look forward to hearing what you think. You'll laugh, hopefully, but you'll also think WTF. Good, dark humour.

Orior

I just bought "Men and Arms - the Ulster settlers c1630" by RJ Hunter.

It is basically a list of all the planters by county and type of weapon (sword, musket, snaphance, pike or none).

For a small fee I can look up a surname for ye. The good news is that my surname is not on the list.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Aye look up Fearon.

Hardy

muppet

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on November 18, 2015, 12:54:21 PM
Any good audio books to suggest? Does a good book necessarily mean a good audio book?

And after all that; where is best place to download?

Cheers

One Summer - Bryson

Brilliant but I don't like fiction so my recommendations will be limited.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Didnt know Jamie bryson had recorded an audio book as well.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: StephenC on November 18, 2015, 06:23:24 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 18, 2015, 02:37:59 PM

Hmmm. Let us know what you think when you're done.

It will be after Christmas I suspect only starting Book 8 today, the 'Hmmm' has me worried but I am committed to finishing it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2015, 12:46:38 AM
Aye look up Fearon.

Nope. No Fearon. And no O'Neills.

There are about nineteen surnames starting with O' and appear unusual e.g. O Duff, O Gordon, O Kat and O Mory
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Orior on November 20, 2015, 12:07:08 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2015, 12:46:38 AM
Aye look up Fearon.

Nope. No Fearon. And no O'Neills.

There are about nineteen surnames starting with O' and appear unusual e.g. O Duff, O Gordon, O Kat and O Mory
Them boys must not have had great weapons with them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either