Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Speaking gaa books, what was Cody's like?

ziggy90

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 02, 2014, 12:54:13 PM
Friday night lights is an excellent sports book, more a social commentary than anything else

After starting to watch the TV series, I've been trying find a copy of this from Birmingham's libraries to no avail. Is it out of print?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Minder

Quote from: pullhard on April 02, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

Pure pish
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

5 Sams

Still can't my hands on Mugsy's book. It must have sold out v quickly.
The Aristocrat Years

Asal Mor

Quote from: Minder on April 02, 2014, 09:17:19 PM
Quote from: pullhard on April 02, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

Pure pish

Maybe he'll bring out another one when he retires and lets his guard down. Get Paul Kimmage on the job. It'd be fascinating.

Kimmage said he'd love to do a book with Roy. That's one I'd love to read. As Kimmage said, Dunphy's book didn't scratch the surface. To be fair to Dunphy, he said Roy just wouldn't tell him anything.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 02, 2014, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 02, 2014, 12:54:13 PM
Friday night lights is an excellent sports book, more a social commentary than anything else

After starting to watch the TV series, I've been trying find a copy of this from Birmingham's libraries to no avail. Is it out of print?
Nope, still in print

http://www.bookdepository.com/Friday-Night-Lights-H-G-Bissinger/9780224076746
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

pullhard

Moving on from sports books and bio. I really fancy reading and learning more about WWII specifically Rommel, what books are a good place to start?

moysider

Quote from: pullhard on April 03, 2014, 09:21:28 PM
Moving on from sports books and bio. I really fancy reading and learning more about WWII specifically Rommel, what books are a good place to start?

Start with Anthony Beevor's The Second World War.
Anything else by Beevor like Stalingrd and The Fall of Berlin.
Auschwitz - Laurence Rees
Inside The Third Reich - Albert Speer.

There so much out there. Never read a book about Rommel though.

Milltown Row2

Off on hols over Easter, would like a couple of books for the trip.

Looking for a thriller type same vain as Dragon tattoo books, decent dective type. or best bio book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 11:38:58 AM

Looking for a thriller type same vain as Dragon tattoo books, decent dective type. or best bio book

The Harry Hole books by Jo Nesbo are excellent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 10, 2014, 11:53:25 AM

Order placed, thanks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

Order placed, thanks

Read the first two on holidays, great books, I've placed an order for the next 3. Like the character, fcuk he's had a hard life

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2014, 07:24:37 PM

Order placed, thanks

Read the first two on holidays, great books, I've placed an order for the next 3. Like the character, fcuk he's had a hard life
Just finished The Devil's Star - very enjoyable series alright. There's an American crime writer called James Lee Burke who'd I'd strongly recommend. His central character, Dave Robicheaux would give Harry Hole a run for his money!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Minder

Quote from: CD on April 27, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

Order placed, thanks

Just finished The Devil's Star - very enjoyable series alright. There's an American crime writer called James Lee Burke who'd I'd strongly recommend. His central character, Dave Robicheaux would give Harry Hole a run for his money!

Was just about to post this, have downloaded the whole Dave Robicheaux series and put them on the kindle, came highly recommended by Tony Baloney. Half way through the first one, The Neon Rain, and it is excellent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2014, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: CD on April 27, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

Order placed, thanks

Was just about to post this, have downloaded the whole Dave Robicheaux series and put them on the kindle, came highly recommended by Tony Baloney. Half way through the first one, The Neon Rain, and it is excellent.

Do youse fckers ever buy anything?