Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Thanks for that, will download when I get home.

Billys Boots

You won't Keane; it's only for folk in the UK!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Goldengreen

In Donegal here and was able to download it for free from Kindle App on android

Tony Baloney

If a few of you Mexican hoors are interested in it I'll email you the file when I get home from work. PM me if you want.

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 25, 2012, 06:38:59 PM
If a few of you Mexican hoors are interested in it I'll email you the file when I get home from work. PM me if you want.

This Mexican downloaded it free from Amazon.com.
MWWSI 2017

Keane

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 25, 2012, 04:45:21 PM
You won't Keane; it's only for folk in the UK!

Downloaded with no problem from the US site.

mc_grens

Reading World War Z by Max Brooks. Tremendous.

Hashtag

Bought The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins at the weekend. Got it in Lisburn, Bargin Books, for £7.49 for the three books. Thought that was a good bargain. 100 pages into the first book and very good so far. Probably more of a teen read much like the Harry Potter Series or Twilight.

CiKe

Read White Teeth, Zadie Smith's debut novel there on holiday. Had heard of her but not previously read anything she had written. Very vulgar and pretty frequent laugh out loud moments. Loved it.

Harold Disgracey

Just finished The Phantom, the latest Harry Hole thriller by Jo Nesbo. Very good with a shock twist at the end.

I see Martin Scorsese is set to direct a film version of The Snowman!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 27, 2012, 11:39:10 PM
Just finished The Phantom, the latest Harry Hole thriller by Jo Nesbo. Very good with a shock twist at the end.

Reading it at the minute and unfortunately opened up a Guardian review of it on twitter the other day which kind of spoiled it a wee bit! He makes Oslo sound like an awful grip but I still wouldn't mind visiting Norway.

Harold Disgracey

Almost did the same myself with John Crace's digested read in yesterday's Guardian. Also read Headhunters recently, was Ok.

Tony Baloney

I read Stuart Neville's latest there last week after having it since early January and thought it was a good read too. Maybe one plot device too many but I like his stuff.

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 27, 2012, 11:39:10 PM

Hole is certainly a good character to transfer to the movies. You have to wonder these days if most authors are writing a book or have one eye on a screenplay at the same time!

Olly

I bought a new Kindle recently and was looking to buy O'Farrell's new book about the man who forgot who his wife was. I saw that it was £8 to download from Amazon. I thought that was a bit steep, presumably hardback. Can anyone tell me if I can download a softback copy?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".