All Ireland Junior Football Championship

Started by Rossfan, July 12, 2008, 10:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Ros beat Kerry in the All Ireland Semi Final tonight by 0-6 to 0-5 in Ennis.
We held KERRY SCORELESS for the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second.
A sterling defensive effort by our lads kept the Kingdom forwards under pressure as they hit something like 14 wides. Mind you we had 12 or 13 wides.
On to the Final where I presume we meet Dublin who were playing Gloucestershire  :o today in Cardiff  :o :o in the other Semi.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnpower

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2008, 10:15:32 PM
Ros beat Kerry in the All Ireland Semi Final tonight by 0-6 to 0-5 in Ennis.
We held KERRY SCORELESS for the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second.
A sterling defensive effort by our lads kept the Kingdom forwards under pressure as they hit something like 14 wides. Mind you we had 12 or 13 wides.
On to the Final where I presume we meet Dublin who were playing Gloucestershire  :o today in Cardiff  :o :o in the other Semi.

Was trying to get the result ,Congrats to the Rossies Does not seem to have been a classic by any means 6-5

Jinxy

Dublin hammered their bitter rivals Gloucestershire earlier today.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

clarshack

why dont ulster teams take part in this competition?

Tatler Jack

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2008, 11:52:36 PM

Would be too strong. This competition is for the weaker provinces.  ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2008, 11:52:36 PM

They were asked. They said.....

NO!! ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rocco

The match may not have been a classic but MARK MILEY,S (ross goalie) save in 1st half was worth the admission alone, what a wonderfull save

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

INDIANA

rubbish competition? how many all-ireland medals do you have? None i bet. so in  a few weeks one set of 30 players will have something you'll never have.
Good post.

time ticking away

Quote from: INDIANA on July 13, 2008, 11:09:25 AM
rubbish competition? how many all-ireland medals do you have? None i bet. so in  a few weeks one set of 30 players will have something you'll never have.
Good post.
you should never assume. hope your post gave you a rosy glow inside now that you have righted another wrong. fool
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

INDIANA

there is only one fool here and its you. what gives you the right to belittle others achievements. ask the dublin and roscommon players 10 mins before the throw in on the 26th what's a rubbish competition. Hope your post gave you a rosy glow.
Gobshite.

carnaross

Also ask the lads from Gloucestershire whether they would have taken any pleasure from their opportunity to play the Dublin juniors, never mind an All-Ireland final, or any of the defeated British counties! Apart from London seniors, it's the only chance for British counties to get involved in such a competition. And we all know how well the London seniors do - oh they beat that well-known Gaelic football stronghold Kilkenny yesterday. Whao!!!
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Rossfan

Final Ros v Dublin  Portlaoise  - Saturday next at 5 pm.

COME ON ROS

bingobus

What the guidelines/rules for this competition i.e only players from Junior clubs, players not on senior panel or players never played senior intercounty??? Just curious like.

Rossfan

Depends on the County.
Small Counties like us Leitrim etc can play anybody who didnt play Senior Championship this year or last year while big Counties ,Mayo,Meath,Dublin etc can only pick from Junior/Inter players . I presume the last year/this year rule also pertains for them.