Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaelTheGael

Senior
League: Omagh - new emergening talents of Daly, Miller, Strain, McCaffrey, Taggart, Dan and Thomas Haigney, McNamee and Corry show the futures bright and an excellent league campaign and some silverware can push them towards championship success over the next few years.
Championship: Errigal Ciaran - Easier route to the final (Killyclogher, Donaghmore, Omagh) with the other main contenders Trillick, Dromore and Dungannon on the other side of the draw. If they can keep their main men fit, they have a golden opportunity of back to back Championships. Dark Horses : Dungannon.
Relegation: Edendork and Moortown - 6 Way mini league at the bottom of Senior with Moortown, Greencastle, Donaghmore, Galbally, Eglish and Edendork all in contention for the drop. Emigration has impacted all the six teams and it will be interesting to see who copes best with their losses. I am picking Moortown because on paper they appear the weakest and a lack of results after a quick start last year is a worrying sign for them and Edendork who are always hindered by the Starred Game system and having to play catch up and the rumoured return of Niall Morgan to nets will be a big loss out the field for them. Relegation Play Off - Greencastle

Intermediate
League: Derrylaughan - have always faired better as a league team than Championship team and think they have the experience and quality in Carney, Gervin and the Kennedys to mount a consistent challenge in the league. Pomeroy losing too many men travelling, Moy will be without Conroy for the majority of the league and the transition of new players will see Clonoe give up points in the league. Promotion Play Off - Pomeroy
Championship: Clonoe - in McClure and McAliskey they have two of the best players in the county and that bit of experience in big games that should edge them over the other contenders in Moy, Derrylaughan and Pomeroy. Dark Horses - Gortin.
Relegation: Tattyreagh straight down with their expected departures. Kileeshil, Rock and Naomh Eoghan will also struggle for the same reason. Would suspect Naomh Eoghan rely more on Aidan McSorely than the other two teams do on Pascal Donaghy and Liam Nugent and have more of an all round team than Naomh Eoghan, so I think they follow Tattyreagh down.
If PlayOffs are still in place I fancy the Div2 team to go down to the Div3 team. Relegation Play Off - Rock

Junior
League: Cookstown - Bit of experience from 2021 will see them build a consistent league campaign to go up. The other contenders, Aghaloo (injuries) and Drumragh and Fintona (young) won't be fit to match their consistency over 16 games.
Championship: Fintona - Fantastic talent coming through and great work underage might see them light up the junior championship. Have an excellent route to a final (Urney, Drumquin, Aghaloo) and with the talent in the ranks, could take the big step. Dark Horses and Promotion Play Off Team - Drumragh.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 15, 2023, 01:05:00 PM

Intermediate
League: Clonoe - Their fixtures to begin the league could result in a fast start, good firepower up front though the other end of the field could let them down.
Championship: Pomeroy - Tentative selection here I find the grade fairly wide open this year. Any number of teams could win it.
Relegation: Tattyreagh & Killeeshil - My sources could be completely wide off the mark here but would I be right in saying these teams are decimated by emmigration, Kileeshil in particular? A shame as they really should have beaten Galbally last year and looked a good side.

Clonoes fixtures have been amended. In the League they now start with Clogher (H) Stewartstown (A) Strabane (A) Beragh (H) and Aghyaran (A) as well as trips to Gortin, Pomeroy and Derrylaughan later in the league. If they win the league with those three games on the road, they will be deserved champions.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: GaelTheGael on May 15, 2023, 02:31:20 PM
Senior
League: Omagh - new emergening talents of Daly, Miller, Strain, McCaffrey, Taggart, Dan and Thomas Haigney, McNamee and Corry show the futures bright and an excellent league campaign and some silverware can push them towards championship success over the next few years.
Championship: Errigal Ciaran - Easier route to the final (Killyclogher, Donaghmore, Omagh) with the other main contenders Trillick, Dromore and Dungannon on the other side of the draw. If they can keep their main men fit, they have a golden opportunity of back to back Championships. Dark Horses : Dungannon.
Relegation: Edendork and Moortown - 6 Way mini league at the bottom of Senior with Moortown, Greencastle, Donaghmore, Galbally, Eglish and Edendork all in contention for the drop. Emigration has impacted all the six teams and it will be interesting to see who copes best with their losses. I am picking Moortown because on paper they appear the weakest and a lack of results after a quick start last year is a worrying sign for them and Edendork who are always hindered by the Starred Game system and having to play catch up and the rumoured return of Niall Morgan to nets will be a big loss out the field for them. Relegation Play Off - Greencastle

Intermediate
League: Derrylaughan - have always faired better as a league team than Championship team and think they have the experience and quality in Carney, Gervin and the Kennedys to mount a consistent challenge in the league. Pomeroy losing too many men travelling, Moy will be without Conroy for the majority of the league and the transition of new players will see Clonoe give up points in the league. Promotion Play Off - Pomeroy
Championship: Clonoe - in McClure and McAliskey they have two of the best players in the county and that bit of experience in big games that should edge them over the other contenders in Moy, Derrylaughan and Pomeroy. Dark Horses - Gortin.
Relegation: Tattyreagh straight down with their expected departures. Kileeshil, Rock and Naomh Eoghan will also struggle for the same reason. Would suspect Naomh Eoghan rely more on Aidan McSorely than the other two teams do on Pascal Donaghy and Liam Nugent and have more of an all round team than Naomh Eoghan, so I think they follow Tattyreagh down.
If PlayOffs are still in place I fancy the Div2 team to go down to the Div3 team. Relegation Play Off - Rock

Junior
League: Cookstown - Bit of experience from 2021 will see them build a consistent league campaign to go up. The other contenders, Aghaloo (injuries) and Drumragh and Fintona (young) won't be fit to match their consistency over 16 games.
Championship: Fintona - Fantastic talent coming through and great work underage might see them light up the junior championship. Have an excellent route to a final (Urney, Drumquin, Aghaloo) and with the talent in the ranks, could take the big step. Dark Horses and Promotion Play Off Team - Drumragh.

Is Liam Nugent (Rock) away travelling also?
Addiitona to above, in Division 2 alone - McDonagh, Darcy, Harkin and Cartin (Tattyreagh) / Doyle, O'Neill and Donaghy (Kileeshil) / Gormley (Strabane) / Woods, McKenna (Pomeroy) Supposedly away, and im sure there are more ive missed.

Gaafan2

Add Ronan Duffin, Jude Campbell and Lorcan Kilpatrick to that list for the Plunketts and injuries to key men.

Mikhailov

Senior

Intermediate

Junior

Very knowledgeable assessment GaelTheGael - fair play. Not agreeing with everything you say but you have put in a bit of work to that, well done

marty34

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 15, 2023, 04:39:38 PM
Senior

Intermediate

Junior

Very knowledgeable assessment GaelTheGael - fair play. Not agreeing with everything you say but you have put in a bit of work to that, well done

How is Cookstown in Junior?

Under Lights

Quote from: BG_Gael on May 15, 2023, 12:15:01 PM
Dont see any Wednesday night games so going to assume the game wasn't moved?

The fixture is next week. Here is the story and I would like opinions on it

Team approached opposition asking to move a Friday game to as a senior player was getting married on Thursday.
Opposition said didn't suit to change as they also had players not available
County board have changed the fixture regardless for reasons unknown but rumoured that one female CB official within the fixtures committee has a close friend in the club and pulled some strings.

I don't think this is that unusual and similar happened my own club a couple of years back and they refused to fulfil the fixture.

Would it be OTT for a club to seek legal advice on something like that?

ClubScene13

Quote from: Under Lights on May 15, 2023, 08:09:07 PM

Team approached opposition asking to move a Friday game to as a senior player was getting married on Thursday.
County board have changed the fixture regardless for reasons unknown but rumoured that one female CB official within the fixtures committee has a close friend in the club and pulled some strings.

I don't think this is that unusual and similar happened my own club a couple of years back and they refused to fulfil the fixture.

As far as I know one club can make the request and if the other team says that doesn't suit us the game doesn't get moved. That's the first I've ever heard of the county board doing that maybe I'm naive. I know of a wedding for game this week where a change was requested and the other team has refused and the game remains on Friday. I take it you're on about Trillick / Omagh then?

Under Lights

Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 15, 2023, 09:14:11 PM

As far as I know one club can make the request and if the other team says that doesn't suit us the game doesn't get moved. That's the first I've ever heard of the county board doing that maybe I'm naive. I know of a wedding for game this week where a change was requested and the other team has refused and the game remains on Friday. I take it you're on about Trillick / Omagh then?

Doesn't see to be true in this particular case, all bout who you know maybe? Maybe the new fixture committee has new rules that the rest of us just haven't been updated with?

rrhf

It is a bit much for an Under 16 match alright...

rrhf

Senior

Intermediate

Junior
Superb post!

Under Lights

Quote from: rrhf on May 16, 2023, 11:58:51 AM

It is a bit much for an Under 16 match alright...

wat?

Jimbop

She must have a thing for red heads

time ticking away

Quote from: Jimbop on May 16, 2023, 09:57:53 PM

Can someone name a few names.
Why is this so secretive
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

GlenMan

Quote from: time ticking away on May 16, 2023, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on May 16, 2023, 09:57:53 PM

Can someone name a few names.
Why is this so secretive

Owen roes player is getting married next week
Clogher refused to change the game
Ccc stepped in and fixed the game for sunday instead

If anything the CB are using some common sense to prevent this clash.
Clogher look desperate, trying anything to get some points on the board