Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

do the refs get to use centres of excellence for Training to keep their fitness up? cant have them left behind

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 06, 2021, 09:25:23 PM
do the refs get to use centres of excellence for Training to keep their fitness up? cant have them left behind

I'd be more worried when I'm running past players thinking these lads should be in a better position, but sure if you want to find fault you can find it in every game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

I see supporters are being asked to buy all group tickets again for group games, no individual tickets will be available. bit of a disaster for anyone who maybe just wants to go to home games etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on August 08, 2021, 11:20:51 AM
I see supporters are being asked to buy all group tickets again for group games, no individual tickets will be available. bit of a disaster for anyone who maybe just wants to go to home games etc.

We've been starved of games and championship is upon us and we only support them at home? How much are the tickets?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2021, 12:00:30 PM

We've been starved of games and championship is upon us and we only support them at home? How much are the tickets?

I mean more just the hassle for some people, the tickets are £5 a game which is no bother at all so if you've 4 games the ticket is £20. I mean the issue being people who may just go and watch a game if its on or make a last min decision to go cant do that because they haven't bout the ticket for all games, I def think there was scope for a pay at the gate system. for example Dunloy are away to Lisburn on wed night, some supporters might not be able to make the journey, but they play st Pauls on Sunday at home which a lot more would go to. I think there should be a way of accommodating people

delgany

Quote from: themac_23 on August 08, 2021, 12:38:52 PM

I mean more just the hassle for some people, the tickets are £5 a game which is no bother at all so if you've 4 games the ticket is £20. I mean the issue being people who may just go and watch a game if its on or make a last min decision to go cant do that because they haven't bout the ticket for all games, I def think there was scope for a pay at the gate system. for example Dunloy are away to Lisburn on wed night, some supporters might not be able to make the journey, but they play st Pauls on Sunday at home which a lot more would go to. I think there should be a way of accommodating people

The £20 is fair enough, for the die hard fans. The difficulty facing the  CB is that some IFC  teams have 3 home games / 2 away,  others have 2 H/2 A . Uneven groups in SFC as well !

Calm Down

Still no championship fixtures on the county web, are they are a secret? @MR2 have you refs got your fixtures yet?

delgany

Quote from: Calm Down on August 09, 2021, 07:37:48 AM
Still no championship fixtures on the county web, are they are a secret? @MR2 have you refs got your fixtures yet?

Fixtures were sent to clubs on 3rd Aug

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on August 08, 2021, 01:45:32 PM

The £20 is fair enough, for the die hard fans. The difficulty facing the  CB is that some IFC  teams have 3 home games / 2 away,  others have 2 H/2 A . Uneven groups in SFC as well !
charging u for games u can't get to ! GRAB ALL Association

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 09, 2021, 11:20:32 AM

If you can't go then don't buy a ticket or give it to someone who can go, If anyone is short of £20 quid, give me a PM :D

imtommygunn

It was the same last year.

Dunsilly King

If you don't think thats good value or don't want to support Antrim Gaa when there has been a cull on all revenue from croke park  due to covid, I don't think you'll be missed.

themac_23

Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 09, 2021, 12:02:03 PM

If you don't think thats good value or don't want to support Antrim Gaa when there has been a cull on all revenue from croke park  due to covid, I don't think you'll be missed.

I think the £5 a game is great value, just think not having pay at the gate will hurt smaller clubs, I get it for big clubs who would maybe have more than 250 for games the need for tickets is vital but some smaller intermediate clubs wouldn't have anywhere near that but would prob have people go to games if they could just walk up and pay £5 at the gate.

paddyjohn

£20 is the price of a round of pints now, or a Chinese or it's the price to pay to support your club men who have slogged away all year to play in the championship. How much is it a season ticket at Solitude?  Either pay it or stay at home and shut up.

I've stayed off this board for a while now purely because it was a greeting session about everything, I see nothing has changed. Still the same people greeting. Get a life ffs, there's bigger things going outside the 4 walls.

themac_23

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 09, 2021, 04:06:21 PM
£20 is the price of a round of pints now, or a Chinese or it's the price to pay to support your club men who have slogged away all year to play in the championship. How much is it a season ticket at Solitude?  Either pay it or stay at home and shut up.

I've stayed off this board for a while now purely because it was a greeting session about everything, I see nothing has changed. Still the same people greeting. Get a life ffs, there's bigger things going outside the 4 walls.

I'm not complaining about the price, I've said the price is great value at £5 a game but I'm just saying some people might just decide to take a scoot to a game but they can't do that because there's no pay at the gate facility.