China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoman dan

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 30, 2020, 06:53:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2020, 06:44:50 PM
There is probably a good chance that it will be lifted a bit down the line and then be reinstated when a new cycle of infections starts.

China will be a test run.

This is what I'm hearing through my job. It will be on and off for a year or so.

When its lifted do ye think Matches will go ahead with big crowds?? Will pubs restaurants be open but with restrictions numbers wise???

J70

There is probably a good chance that it will be lifted a bit down the line and then be reinstated when a new cycle of infections starts.

This is what I'm hearing through my job. It will be on and off for a year or so.

Until the vaccine is available, basically.

gallsman

You have my opinion already. Maybe you've struggled to understand it or, as suggested, you just don't like it. It's completely unethical. The fact that other business practices from other companies or individuals are unethical, or that people are willing to pay your price does not change this.

It's particularly unethical given that this would be a completely new business for you. You've seen the chance of a quick buck materialise before your eyes because, and only because, there is a pandemic tearing across the planet and you wish to exploit it. That's all there is to it.

mayoman dan

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2020, 07:01:38 PM

Until the vaccine is available, basically.

Hopefully it wont be too far away...Not spending time with the family no gym no pub no football my God when we get through this we will have a new appreciation on all the great things we took for granted.

RedHand88

Quote from: mayoman dan on March 30, 2020, 06:57:52 PM

When its lifted do ye think Matches will go ahead with big crowds?? Will pubs restaurants be open but with restrictions numbers wise???

Probably. But it's all up in the air at the minute.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on March 30, 2020, 07:05:21 PM
You have my opinion already. Maybe you've struggled to understand it or, as suggested, you just don't like it. It's completely unethical. The fact that other business practices from other companies or individuals are unethical, or that people are willing to pay your price does not change this.

It's particularly unethical given that this would be a completely new business for you. You've seen the chance of a quick buck materialise before your eyes because, and only because, there is a pandemic tearing across the planet and you wish to exploit it. That's all there is to it.

Same with those other f*ckers selling umbrellas when it's raining... the cheek of them the bastards!!!

Jesus christ gallsman you're a few km to the left of Bernie and Jeremy!!!

Rossfan

Have ye any proof these things are accurate at all?
I'd have thought Governments would be buying them up left right and centre?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 30, 2020, 05:23:23 PM
Is it reasonable for an employer to expect someone to go into a house where there was a coronavirus death in the last week, and another person showing symptoms? Without saying much, part of their job involves going from house to house and being in contact with the people inside. No proper ppe has been offered. On top of this, the employee is agency staff so won't get paid if they have to take a week off due to self isolation. Anyone know about the legality of this sort of stuff?
The government have made it clear that if this is non-essential then you don't do it. If it is deemed essential, social distancing rules apply even if there wasn't a death! Tell them to f**k off.

bannside

It meets the approval of the European Commissioners Certification TUV SUD which is apparently the most stringent specification. Also a CE certificate as well. The paperwork is legit...say what I like about the boss but he wouldn't be buying anything unless it's got all the back up, even more do because it's not his core business.

He acted early but my fear for him and this is genuine is that the govt is on his tail with a couple of million test kits which may be for front line NHS and I'd hazard a guess (I'm as blind on this as anyone else by the way) that the big chemist groups will be getting access to the same or similar in the near future too.

In which case the bosses enterprise could completely backfire. That's the chance he took. Some say fair play if he makes a couple of hundred grand (as long as he wasnt too greedy seems to be the general opinion) and likewise no one will have any sympathy if he loses the lot..

Hes got a bigger set than me, good luck to him.if it actually does save a few lives, how can anyone put a price on that.

I've decided not to get too involved in this, I do see Gallsmans point to some extent even though most here disagree...that's what this discussion forum is about after all. Doesn't make someone right and someone wrong!

If anyone contacts me I'm happy to pass on a few details for free. If that saves one life it will be more than worth doing...it will be a privilege. PM if interested and I'll WhatsApp the info I have...if you want to make direct contact with the team in UK after that, work away!

redzone

If u Google home test kit at the pill box Irvinestown Co fermanagh their was an article dated 18 march were they said they hoped to have the test kit for sale by the end of the month at 40-50 pounds. Yours is a bargain

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: bannside on March 30, 2020, 06:52:33 PM
Are you insinuating in any way that there will be any doubtful financial practice going on?? The company behind this is fully regulated,  as a service product VAT will be charged unless you're from ROI.

Give me your opinion on this Gallsman as you are the only single negative voice on this so far! Sorry I'm not on Twitter either.

Let's take  my boss the man who decided weeks ago to purchase these self test kits is looking back on his "enterprise" in a few months when/if things settle down.

He will hopefully have sold 250,000 kits and made netting one pound on each after tax postage employees etc. Of the self assessment kits let's say 1/10 - that's  25 thousand people get a positive diagnosis a week earlier than they normally would, and 1/100 of those who did so (that's 250) lives were saved because not only did they act early, but are well slept well got their immune systems strong, avoided absolutely everyone, etc, etc.

I'd say this particular businessman acted wisely and with decent morality and in not only keeping his company viable going forward played a big part in saving 250 people.

Do you think those 250 people and their families will think he was profiteering by making netting £1 out of each sale????

Just saying I think you're very quick assumption on the matter is on the wrong side of opinion here Gallsman.

Having said that I'm still prob not going to get involved...might pass on a lead or two that's about it.

Surely these are antibody tests rather than diagnostic tests? They'll tell you if you've had the virus and now have the antibodies to show for it, but they are of limited benefit if you've only just contracted it.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

The view of Stormount. Is Marc on coke? Very hyper lol

The guy on now talking serious sense!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Hot saunas (bath)followed by cold shower seems to be good way to fire up immune system , can't hurt

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on March 30, 2020, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 30, 2020, 01:50:48 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 30, 2020, 01:48:07 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 30, 2020, 01:33:47 PM
why are the Brits saying its 6 months, prince Charles had it went into isolation 7 days and now hes out its a miracle
If everyone caught it today it would be all over in 2 weeks! The bodies would be piled up but the survivors would be immune to this particular strain.

If transmission is limited (flatten the curve) to a level that is manageable it might take a bit longer.

Where is your evidence for what is in bold? I have not read of any research that can claim that and its a pretty dangerous assumption to make.

If anyone is depending on GAA board for medical advise they deserve all they get.

However, The Germans seem to think that is the case.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-in-germany-immunity-passports-for-people-free-from-infection-bv87sz7zc

Other studies in Australia are showing the immune system becomes more resistant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-immunity-certificates-testing-social-distancing-lockdown-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/70945888-6938-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

Do you want me to change would to could so it is less dangerous?

No need, it's the same stupid assumption Boris and his "better than the WHO" experts came up with before doing a spectacular U turn. I was just wondering were you going to be stupid enough to spread the same nonsense as them. But I see your using the "it's an online forum if you are stupid enough to believe any bullshit I write you deserve what you get" defence.