China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 30, 2020, 10:19:43 AM
Ive ones on my fb feed speculating that the letters could be contaminated ie Boris has been licking the old envelopes himself

Another sayin could they not just have been emailed. I dont remember giving Boris my email tbh

I get daily reminders of the level of stupidity out there yet i still go back for more...

Always remember that Facebook and the like are a magnet for stupidity... Sometimes I get tempted to bite but mostly I just chuckle. It is slightly worrying that some will take what they read as gospel though.

quit yo jibbajabba

I tried to create a rule that as soon as ive seen something stupid that makes you shake yer head i should log off but id be off it inside the first minute most days..

GJL

Quote from: naka on March 30, 2020, 09:47:14 AM
Quote from: GJL on March 29, 2020, 08:09:09 PM
So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline don't have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.
The letter will be read by the people who are the most at risk ( the over 70s).
No everyone uses the internet.
Sometimes the guy makes the odd correct decision

Do you know many over 70s that don't watch the news or don't read a newspaper?

knockitdown

Sounds like Michelle and Arlene are going to revert to type.....

armaghniac

Quote from: GJL on March 30, 2020, 11:19:59 AM
So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline don't have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.

#

If they went to the shop to get the newspaper then they haven't been paying attention.

I reiterate my point that while many people don't need this, it is worth it if it brings on board some of the others.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JohnDenver

Quote from: armaghniac on March 30, 2020, 11:34:26 AM
Quote from: GJL on March 30, 2020, 11:19:59 AM

#

If they went to the shop to get the newspaper then they haven't been paying attention.

I reiterate my point that while many people don't need this, it is worth it if it brings on board some of the others.

I would be siding with GJL. I would say there are very few elderly that aren't glued to every news bulletin and update that comes on the radio or television. Boris and Cummings are two of the same, c*nts.

Rossfan

Brits saying it could be 6 months before they return to normality.
Meanwhile in the U S restrictions extended to 30th April. Some going for a "Democrat plot". 3.8 million New Yorkers using food banks !
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

north_antrim_hound

why are the Brits saying its 6 months, prince Charles had it went into isolation 7 days and now hes out its a miracle
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

LeoMc

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 30, 2020, 01:33:47 PM
why are the Brits saying its 6 months, prince Charles had it went into isolation 7 days and now hes out its a miracle
If everyone caught it today it would be all over in 2 weeks! The bodies would be piled up but the survivors would be immune to this particular strain.

If transmission is limited (flatten the curve) to a level that is manageable it might take a bit longer.

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on March 30, 2020, 01:48:07 PM
If everyone caught it today it would be all over in 2 weeks! The bodies would be piled up but the survivors would be immune to this particular strain.

If transmission is limited (flatten the curve) to a level that is manageable it might take a bit longer.

Where is your evidence for what is in bold? I have not read of any research that can claim that and its a pretty dangerous assumption to make.

Rossfan

One of their top medics was saying that.
They lost a few weeks with the herd immunity boloxology.
No doubt all the slowdown measures will have to be ceased gradually as you can hardly go from saying "no new cases today" to "full steam ahead everything opens tomorrow "
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LeoMc

Quote from: Itchy on March 30, 2020, 01:50:48 PM

Where is your evidence for what is in bold? I have not read of any research that can claim that and its a pretty dangerous assumption to make.

If anyone is depending on GAA board for medical advise they deserve all they get.

However, The Germans seem to think that is the case.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-in-germany-immunity-passports-for-people-free-from-infection-bv87sz7zc

Other studies in Australia are showing the immune system becomes more resistant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-immunity-certificates-testing-social-distancing-lockdown-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/70945888-6938-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

Do you want me to change would to could so it is less dangerous?

RadioGAAGAA

Typically, once you develop the antibodies to any particular instance of a virus, your immune system holds that template and can recreate it quicker when you need - at least for several years. Example being the MMR vaccines.

Of course, the coronavirus we have today may mutate, so in 12 months time its an open question whether those antibodies are of any use as it could be essentially a new virus.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 30, 2020, 04:05:48 PM

Typically, once you develop the antibodies to any particular instance of a virus, your immune system holds that template and can recreate it quicker when you need - at least for several years. Example being the MMR vaccines.

Of course, the coronavirus we have today may mutate, so in 12 months time its an open question whether those antibodies are of any use as it could be essentially a new virus.

Does the flu mutate? And when people get the flu jab is it generally a different type to the year previous?

I know this isn't the flu!  I thinking then that when it comes, if it ever does, can they get a vaccine that can be readily adopted for the new mutation, if in fact it actually mutates in the first place?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 30, 2020, 04:05:48 PM

It doesn't seem to mutate much, in this respect they believe it less dangerous the flu.
As for antibodies, people who recovered from SARS still have antibodies 15 years later, so those who recover should be immune. But some further research is needed.

123 new cases  in the wee 6 today. Have they changed their testing regime to be more like the 26 counties? Or is this just more cases?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B