International Rules dates announced

Started by zoyler, May 29, 2008, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

24th October in Perth - Subiaco presumably.  2nd test @ MCG in Melborne the following week.

I, for one, hope its a success.

rrhf

They say time is a great healer. 

I think it just lets people forget. 

magickingdom

good stuff, something to look forward to in those dark winter days!!!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

stephenite

Bastards couldn't organise a game in Sydney >:(

Kerry Mike

Time to get 30 of the biggest roughtest hoors of footballers into serious weight training for the next 4 months and go out there to Oz and hammer 5 shades of shite out of the convicts.

Lets face it we wont beat them with our football alone, and they are sure to rough it up again, they cant help it as they know no better  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Doire abú

Was watchin an AFL match today there. That Akermanis boy is still as dirty as ever.

Met his match in Canavan that day though. No dirtier man. ;D

AFS

Would love to see someone knocking Crossmaglen out of the Armagh championship to free up Francie for a go at the Aussies. Bellew against Hall would be some match up!  :

stephenite

Bellew is the kind of player we need alright - always thought David Brady would've been a good man for this code as well.

Kerry Mike

Bellew could not handle Donaghy, He'd have no chance on Hall  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AFS

I love the way Kerrymen always bring up the one slip in that game. Francie had him in his pocket for the rest of that game despite having been booked early on reputation alone. Would absolutely love to see Francie get another crack at Donaghy this year, he'd shut the mouthy bastard up for a while.

Fishbat

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 29, 2008, 11:37:04 PM
Time to get 30 of the biggest roughtest hoors of footballers into serious weight training for the next 4 months and go out there to Oz and hammer 5 shades of shite out of the convicts.

Lets face it we wont beat them with our football alone, and they are sure to rough it up again, they cant help it as they know no better  :P

Couldn't agree more, been saying the same myself for years now - no point sending skilful men to that carry-on as theres not a pile of skill in it as far as i can see.

Men to be dispatched to the 4 corners of Ireland forthwith to trawl the leagues for the biggest dirtiest ugliest bastids that ever crawled out of the bog - they are out there alright - and rub it intil those hoors big style

And if that fails - a trawl of the worst bars in Ireland on a saturday night - anyone with a shirt on his back at the end of the night can be ignored

will need to send several dozen talent spotters to Derry city

RedandGreenSniper

Happy days! I should be in Perth for the first test so I'll chalk that one down.
It will be interesting to see if they go for a horses for courses selection. Its all good and well saying to send out Francie Bellew to mark Barry Hall. But that's making the assumption that the Aussies are only physically stronger than us. They are, in many cases, quicker and more skillful and if they send anything close to a full strength team (they didn't the last time by the way) then we could be in for a pistol whipping
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Fishbat

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 30, 2008, 04:05:14 AM
Happy days! I should be in Perth for the first test so I'll chalk that one down.
It will be interesting to see if they go for a horses for courses selection. Its all good and well saying to send out Francie Bellew to mark Barry Hall. But that's making the assumption that the Aussies are only physically stronger than us. They are, in many cases, quicker and more skillful and if they send anything close to a full strength team (they didn't the last time by the way) then we could be in for a pistol whipping

You're just the man we need there Sniper.........preferably high up with a clear view of the pitch.

What about a complete change in tactics and play soccer? sliding tackles flat out - The jailbirds won't have a clue,....... complete onion-bag fest

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Fishbat on May 30, 2008, 05:42:59 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 30, 2008, 04:05:14 AM

You're just the man we need there Sniper.........preferably high up with a clear view of the pitch.

What about a complete change in tactics and play soccer? sliding tackles flat out - The jailbirds won't have a clue,....... complete onion-bag fest

I dunno, I could be counter productive. I wouldn't know whether to shoot at the Aussies or at the Kerry boys ;D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year