RUA

Started by AbbeySider, December 12, 2006, 05:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote'RUA' – New GAA children's mascot launched
12 December 2006

New Mayo football Manager John O'Mahony helped launch the new children's GAA mascot. A soft toy with a difference, RUA is a uniquely Irish and official GAA product that is available decked out in county specific colours and is available on www.thegaastore.com.

The soft toy will appeal to all GAA fans and in particular will give children a fun GAA figure that they can use as their county mascot and relate to in the early years of supporting their county!

They can be purchased in the colours of each of the 32 counties and you can view all the different RUA on www.thegaastore.com

As an Official GAA product, royalties from each sale of Rua will help fund the preparation of County teams.

This exciting new product appeared on the Late Late Show Toy Show 2006 and is being produced, marketed and distributed by Sports Merchandising Ireland Ltd., an official supplier of licensed products to the GAA. Expected to be one of the top toy products of this Christmas season, RUA will be available in all major toy stores including Smyth's Toys, World of Wonder and Toymaster as well as www.theGAAstore.com and most independent toy and sports stores country wide.

I suppose its not a bad idea but I dont think ill be buying him for anyone this Christmas
:P

Gnevin

Why is he hurling with a football ??? :o ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kerry Mike

QuoteThe soft toy will appeal to all GAA fans and in particular will give children a fun GAA figure

A fun GAA figure like say.............Billy Morgan.
That man has bought so much joy and laughter to the people of Kerry over the last few years.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

hows she cutting

classic

i love his freckles
bit like my own, just the three on each cheek

tayto

Quote from: Gnevin on December 12, 2006, 05:31:01 PM

Yea i taut dual players were a thing of the past

Farrandeelin

It wouldn't be a bad adult's mascot either!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lynchbhoy

Its BOSCO !

all growd up and now going bald...

still an ugly wee hoor and prob one o them irritating niggly corner backs now ...

never kickt a ball

Looks like he's modeled on Ricey collecting the McKenna Cup in the Irish News calender - January

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on December 12, 2006, 06:15:12 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 12, 2006, 05:31:01 PM

Yea i taut dual players were a thing of the past

I see he's from mayo the county board properly said you have can hurls  or sliotars but not both and dont even think of training too much
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Why isn't the dublin lad wearing an official crest ?

Kerry Mike

For all the summertime Dubs who may be confused, that is not "handball" by the doll, you are allowed to hold the football in Gaelic  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tempoman

striking resemblence of the gooch!!!!!

tayto

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 13, 2006, 09:21:52 AM
For all the summertime Dubs who may be confused, that is not "handball" by the doll, you are allowed to hold the football in Gaelic  ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, whats the stick all about, is that a shelaylee?

dubnut

Quote from: tayto on December 13, 2006, 12:29:49 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, whats the stick all about, is that a shelaylee?

Its Finlay the wrestler so

Daddy_Cool

Taken from stolensheep.tk

Caption = Imagine being this garsún on Christmas morning. A Galway tricycle and a Mayo Rua. Oh the humanity!