Collingwood to play Dublin!!!!!

Started by zoyler, February 06, 2008, 09:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

Caroline Wilson - leading AFL reporter with the Melborne Age is reporting in tomorrows paper that Collingwood boss Eddie McGuire ( Ma supposed to be from Boyle, Co. Rosc) has returned to Dubai for weekend game from Dublin where he has arranged a game against the Dubs for the end of the season or early 2009.  He says he wants to help re-establish good realations with the GAA
and suggests it might be easier through a club rather than a national team visit.  Alsao it might be easier with a more level headed coach!!

.  They also say that they were shown a video with 61 incidents of foul/indisiplined play from the last series.  A good article - check out Real Footy at The Age website.

orangeman

ExiledGael

Seen this mentioned in a couple of today's papers. Would certainly be interesting, probably a good enough idea.

zoyler

magickingdom

its in tonights hearld. the dubs v collingwood in croker..... come on collingwood!!! ;D

ExiledGael

the green man

Did he see O Mahoney haymakering agin Carlow?

Aerlik

Jayzuz, I feel myself doing the unthinkable...I even shout for the Eagles when they play the Colly wobbles...but the Dubs?....gulp....
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

thejuice

i dont know who to cheer for, suppose id have to cheer the "Irish" team although it wont be easy.

What type of a game will they be playing by the way.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Hound

Its not clear what game they'd be playing, but you'd have to assume it'd be International Rules.

Not sure why the Dubs would do it? Would we get anything out of it, other than a few sore heads!

Pretty optimistic of them to think they'd get over 80,000 at it.

It Dubs were going to play an exhibition game in another sport, I'd personally prefer to see them playing soccer against the League of Ireland champions.  ;D

Declan

QuoteIt Dubs were going to play an exhibition game in another sport, I'd personally prefer to see them playing soccer against the League of Ireland champions.

Great idea Hound - Play it in Tallaght

Hound

Quote from: Declan on February 07, 2008, 11:45:02 AM
QuoteIt Dubs were going to play an exhibition game in another sport, I'd personally prefer to see them playing soccer against the League of Ireland champions.

Great idea Hound - Play it in Tallaght
It'd be nice for it to have one full house alright  ;)

his holiness nb

Genius idea, how many people were saying, feck them, scrap the series, thugs.

Yet when they make it so the rest of the country may get the chance to see the dubs get their heads boxed in, suddenly it aint so bad  ;)

Honest to god, I do beleive this is a clever way to soften the opinions of the rest of the country.
Ask me holy bollix