Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: toby47 on November 14, 2023, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 14, 2023, 09:02:18 AM
Quote from: marty34 on November 14, 2023, 08:44:43 AM
Quote from: Taylor on November 14, 2023, 08:31:28 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 14, 2023, 08:26:46 AM
Quote from: Taylor on November 14, 2023, 08:23:34 AMWhat are the rules about posting videos of underage kids games on social media?

Messy. Both teams should be fucked out of the competition and a few heavy suspensions handed out.

Agree that stern action has to be taken against both teams.
I had thought there was a rule about posting videos of underage games (or even recording them)

I always thought there was a rule brought in a few years ago about third man into a scuffle got a straight red?

Was this a rule or did I just imagine it?

Only heard of that in ice hockey

Speaking of Ice Hockey, I always thought it'd be a good idea to let 2 lads go at it (like ice hockey) and have ref/lineman split it and deal with it when it went to ground. Would cut out the messier type brawls where men can get hit on the ground etc.

Maybe no one will agree with me, but I don't think it would be a bad way to go.

That's well and good when they are wearing helmets and protective clothing.

toby47

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 14, 2023, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 14, 2023, 08:23:34 AMWhat are the rules about posting videos of underage kids games on social media?

Messy. Both teams should be fucked out of the competition and a few heavy suspensions handed out.

I had thought there was a rule about posting videos of underage games (or even recording them)

I always thought there was a rule brought in a few years ago about third man into a scuffle got a straight red?

Speaking of Ice Hockey, I always thought it'd be a good idea to let 2 lads go at it (like ice hockey) and have ref/lineman split it and deal with it when it went to ground. Would cut out the messier type brawls where men can get hit on the ground etc.

Partly true, they take the gloves off to fight. And in most cases the helmets come off.

Would ye whist

Christ on a bike, a poor ref or linesman having to step in and drag men apart, think you need to reconsider that one

clonian

Quote from: toby47 on November 14, 2023, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on November 14, 2023, 12:22:22 PM

Partly true, they take the gloves off to fight. And in most cases the helmets come off.

The pads and all are a bit of a hinderance to them as well. If you take the pads off you're in for a big suspension and fine.

Rossfan

Tullamore club man who was given a proposed 96 week ban has had it reduced on appeal by Leinster Council to 24 weeks.

And they wonder why people won't take up refereeing!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on November 17, 2023, 06:52:19 PMTullamore club man who was given a proposed 96 week ban has had it reduced on appeal by Leinster Council to 24 weeks.

He won't even miss a club championship game.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on November 17, 2023, 06:52:19 PMTullamore club man who was given a proposed 96 week ban has had it reduced on appeal by Leinster Council to 24 weeks.

Seen that. I wonder what the extenuating circumstances were?

Eire90

probably reduced because someone said he was a pillar of the community bs  so he miss 24 weeks in the off season

Wildweasel74

Maybe the leinster council needs to explain why they haven't a set of balls.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 17, 2023, 07:17:56 PM

Can already guess.
On the committee of his local gaa club.
Sells lotto tickets.
Donated a sheep to the club raffle.
Actually attends mass.

Who'd be a referee? MR2 must be fuming and I can't blame him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 19, 2023, 03:26:47 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 17, 2023, 07:17:56 PM

Can already guess.
On the committee of his local gaa club.
Sells lotto tickets.
Donated a sheep to the club raffle.
Actually attends mass.

Who'd be a referee? MR2 must be fuming and I can't blame him.

It's not that I'm fuming personally, it's the charade carried out by all those in positions to actually make a difference that annoys me.

Not referee I know thought that this would be upheld. We'd our own referee assaulted a good few years ago and the  fines and bans were reduced.

I've learned to do what I do on the pitch, fill in a report if something happens and forget about it, because after I do that, it's out of my hands..

If the police got involved and a person was charged and convicted it may put out a bigger message, but the cries of "he's a decent spud" "not his nature" "he coaches the juveniles" blah blah.. not worth the effort .
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

its ok he probably has some local job and nothing will be said in ireland unemployed person commits crime  they are demonised  ohhhh employed person commits crime ohhhh lets not say anything lets pretend it never happened. loads of ceos are snorting coke every week nothing said brush under the carpet.