AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

A top crossbar would have to a standard height quite high up. A lot of smaller grounds, school grounds etc would not presently have posts that high
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on July 04, 2023, 01:03:09 AM
A top crossbar would have to a standard height quite high up. A lot of smaller grounds, school grounds etc would not presently have posts that high
None of them have Hawkeye either. #Jaysus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Steps

I'm no PhD engineer but this might be difficult for other reasons never mind it being an absolutely stupid idea in the first place

OgraAnDun

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 11:22:39 PM
Quote from: marty34 on July 03, 2023, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 03:13:36 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2023, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 03, 2023, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on July 03, 2023, 11:36:25 AM
Some dive by McManus at the end, but once again, Armagh stupid fouling haunts them again,

Was it a dive or a foul?
It was a definite foul  but with McManus enhancing the drama. The script was already written for that last piece of drama, everybody knew their lines except Armagh and the ref was right on cue.

I see the GAA have stated that a wide was the correct call.

"During the Armagh v Monaghan game yesterday the Hawk-Eye score detection system returned a 'data unavailable' message. The GAA requested an explanation from Hawk-Eye who concluded that the message was a result of operator error.
The GAA is happy that the system review confirmed the on-field decision by the referee taken at the time."

I wonder what the operator error was?
And if the review showed it was in fact a point and Monaghan happened to lose the game in ET or penalties, another secret to buried in the Croke park cellars and the operator falls out of a 5th floor window?

Hawk-eye gives some bother in the GAA. Does it give the same amount of trouble in its other sporting applications? I read it costs between €7-8k per game!
Points are tricky and more frequent in GAA versus say rugby.

I don't  watch rugby  but am   I right  in saying rugby posts are higher than  GAA posts ?

Raise the height  of the posts , and that would  sort out some  of the  close calls

Or even put another crossbar at the top of the posts and the ball has to go through this rectangle.  :)

You might jest , but that was proposed  a few short years back . I think it failed

Awful proposal. Let's make it harder to score.

Something nice about seeing a booming point from out the pitch fly over the ball stopper.

Rossfan

Didn't the Camógs have a point crossbar one time?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

Quote from: Steps on July 04, 2023, 10:35:20 AM

I'm no PhD engineer but this might be difficult for other reasons never mind it being an absolutely stupid idea in the first place
I share your lack of PHD but know enough that a top crossbar would be the silliest thing to be considered since the bishop through in the hall. Get rid of Hawkeye. It is a costly cod of a thing and learn to accept that mistakes will be made by humans and suck it up...there can't be different rules in corker than the thousand other grounds in Ireland yet in Croker we allow this crap.

rrhf

Quote from: Eire90 on July 03, 2023, 08:53:03 PM
is hooliganism creeping to the gaa fouled   by cocaine and the same hair cuts
Armagh need to sort this out and Monaghan as well. Man up and admit there is a problem and address it.
Those people involved need identified and suspensions issued. All ticketmaster purchases should require a club id or county id.

Armagh18

Quote from: rrhf on July 04, 2023, 11:30:23 AM
Armagh need to sort this out and Monaghan as well. Man up and admit there is a problem and address it.
Those people involved need identified and suspensions issued. All ticketmaster purchases should require a club id or county id.
Jesus don't be putting any more pressure on those clowns at ticketmaster!

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on July 03, 2023, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 03, 2023, 03:31:25 PM
It was very slight contact but there was probably enough in it for the ref to give a free.  Refs are always going to give a free there, at that late stage to level things up. It worked in our favour against Derry when Soupy got a similarly soft one to level it at the very end.  The chances are if McManus had taken another step or 2 he would have kicked it over anyway.  The problem for us was that he managed to get out in front to win the ball and turn. Once he turned, that was that, free or score.

I think it was Grugan who was closest to McManus at that stage. A cuter team would have a back there who might have spoiled his getting the ball or stop him shooting. Perhaps we do not have such a back, or not on the field anyway.
Missed Morgan badly.

God14

Quote from: rrhf on July 04, 2023, 11:30:23 AM

Bit OTT there, although I would agree Armagh are the common denominator in these instances. There is a well established booze brigade within their support every summer. Thankfully this is a localised issue for Armagh, and it requires a localised solution. Armagh board need to plan now for these types of behaviour next year.
No need to run to ticketmaster to police it.

CK_Redhand

I don't see how it's localised if a few different sets of fans are at it.

maddog

A few thoughts on the game. Massively disappointed of course. I dont mind getting beaten if its all left out there on the field but it wasn't. Far from it. We need to go back to playing on the front foot. Allowing Monaghan to play keep ball when we should have been taking advantage was criminal. Can only leave that at managements door. Sure there was a few decisions either way but the only blame for that defeat lies with ourselves not the ref. Can Armagh play better, yes there is way more in that team if the shackles were taken off. This business of playing keep ball and looking for the killer score when the clock is almost up is so risky and can't be used as an on going strategy. I want a change in approach not change in manager and Rafferty back out the field with traditonal goal keeper used. What do we gain from Ethans forays up the field. Not a lot over the course of the season imho.
Was back in the harps club for 10.30 the only bit of luck i had all day. The cones were being put out near Dundalk as i went past so missed the traffic jam by minutes. ;D

Kerry will not pulverise Derry the same way. Tyrone just never got going but no doubt will be back next year.

Armamike

Forget about Ticketmaster.  Just need the guards to jump in and bate lumps out of them to teach them some manners.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: maddog on July 04, 2023, 01:20:31 PM
A few thoughts on the game. Massively disappointed of course. I dont mind getting beaten if its all left out there on the field but it wasn't. Far from it. We need to go back to playing on the front foot. Allowing Monaghan to play keep ball when we should have been taking advantage was criminal. Can only leave that at managements door. Sure there was a few decisions either way but the only blame for that defeat lies with ourselves not the ref. Can Armagh play better, yes there is way more in that team if the shackles were taken off. This business of playing keep ball and looking for the killer score when the clock is almost up is so risky and can't be used as an on going strategy. I want a change in approach not change in manager and Rafferty back out the field with traditonal goal keeper used. What do we gain from Ethans forays up the field. Not a lot over the course of the season imho.
Was back in the harps club for 10.30 the only bit of luck i had all day. The cones were being put out near Dundalk as i went past so missed the traffic jam by minutes. ;D

Kerry will not pulverise Derry the same way. Tyrone just never got going but no doubt will be back next year.

Agree with that.  I don't see any value whatsoever in it.  Anything we gain from it is cancelled out.
In terms of style of play just can't understand the logic of playing zonal.  Ultimately it hasn't brought us the results.
That's just, like your opinion man.

bennydorano

At least one of McManus's points came directly from a goalkeeping misadventure