AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

May as well get it started.
Hard to call. Hope we have enough to get over them. Quietly confident but I'm sure Monaghan fans are feeling the same

Wildweasel74

Armagh need watch not getting over confident, think that happened last year against Galway.

yellowcard

I'd be reasonably confident of winning this one, we have too much firepower up front for Monaghan and they have a poor record in Croke Park.   

seafoid

Armagh are emotion. Monaghan are grind.

RedHand88

general_lee

Not overly confident but then again I never am when it's comes to QFs. There are no easy ties but Monaghan is one team I wanted to avoid - I'm probably in the minority. I'd say both sets of fans are happy enough.

kickingmule

Fancy monaghan  big time here,Armagh lacking any structure. Similar to Derry a very hard watch.Monaghan very strong in the middle third and strong going forward.

yellowcard

Quote from: kickingmule on June 26, 2023, 07:29:18 PM
Fancy monaghan  big time here,Armagh lacking any structure. Similar to Derry a very hard watch.Monaghan very strong in the middle third and strong going forward.

You can't have watched Armagh much this year if you think they lack structure. The single biggest issue Armagh fans have had this year is that we are TOO structured.

naka

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
Nail on head seafoid
But emotion will take over and drive to a semi final against Tyrone

yellowcard

Quote from: naka on June 26, 2023, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
Nail on head seafoid
But emotion will take over and drive to a semi final against Tyrone

I agree but we can't face Tyrone or Derry in a semi final.

Main Street

Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2023, 06:42:49 PM
I'd be reasonably confident of winning this one, we have too much firepower up front for Monaghan and they have a poor record in Croke Park.
;D
You have to get to Croke Park in order to be beaten, at least we got there often enough whilst Armagh were getting lost on the way or well beaten before starting out.

kickingmule

Awh I have watched armagh quite alot this year and too structured is not how  i would describe them. A management team lacking any real game plan other than this hard man image will certainly not cut it in croke Park.

seafoid

Success is often about luck. If Monaghan could beat Armagh and Kerry could beat Tyrone , one of Monaghan's demons could be removed from the path.

rrhf

Armagh supporters should be demanding a stand alone game to facilitate their 75k + fans...

Captain Obvious

Both had less than great league campaigns yet here we are with both one win away from reaching the last 4 of the championship. Monaghan instead of Armagh would have got relegated had Mayo not played a 2nd string side.  Has been the finest of fine margins that prevented Armagh from winning Ulster this year and reaching the All Ireland semi final last year.  Against Galway the last day won a fine margin contest has luck finally turned Kieran McGeeney's favour?