Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

screenexile

Bound to be some history in the fact Tyrone have lost 4 consecutive championship matches since winning the All Ireland.

Has this ever happened before??

Milltown Row2

So the weather, losing a man not scoring enough but it's the ref's fault  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cearrbhach

Quote from: screenexile on May 20, 2023, 07:07:55 PM
Bound to be some history in the fact Tyrone have lost 4 consecutive championship matches since winning the All Ireland.

In fairness since Derry won single Sam in the last millennium - Tyrone have won 4 consecutive Sams since then!!!!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Hasn't happened to Tyrone anyway, they beat Fermanagh in their first game in Ulster last year.

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2023, 07:08:45 PM
So the weather, losing a man not scoring enough but it's the ref's fault  :D
I could have sworn Galway got more scores but obviously mistaken.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 20, 2023, 07:14:36 PM

Hasn't happened to Tyrone anyway, they beat Fermanagh in their first game in Ulster last year.

😂😂 fair enough I forgot about that massive victory!!!

OakLeaf

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 20, 2023, 07:04:07 PM
Going to learn f**k all from any of these games
Going to end up with 8 teams in the quarters which everyone could've handpicked anyway, but just a lit more euro in the gaa coffers which is what this all about

You're not wrong lad. Surely the powers that be can come up with a better system than this?

tyrone08

Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2023, 07:02:47 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 20, 2023, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 06:54:01 PM
Ironically tyrone will be happier. AI potentials Galway barley put away a 14 man poor tyrone team for majority of the game.

I don't get this? Tyrone were never in that game. Galway were always keeping Tyrone at arms length. Thought Tyrone were poor. Defence is open down the middle. Glaring issues haven't been addressed.

😂 So a 15 man Galway who were playing against a wide open defence only had 1 score in it at the end

A soaked sodden pitch, real ambush conditions, but Galway get the 2 points and are up and running, in full control of that game, but Tyrone will be happier. Gotcha

Or a team talked as genuine ai contenders play a 14 man poor team coming in on back of 3 championship defeats, getting majority of decisions and win by 3 points.

Do you honestly think Galway will be happy with that performance? Tyrone on the other hand were never expected to win it and got game to within 3 points with 14 men

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: cearrbhach on May 20, 2023, 07:13:03 PM

In fairness since Derry won single Sam in the last millennium - Tyrone have won 4 consecutive Sams since then!!!!

How do you win 4 consecutive in 30 years
That's a new one
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Whishtup

Tyrone did well there. They had the high press working well near the end and I'd say there were a few soiled Galway pants come full time. Wasn't impressed with Galway at all. A lot of dodgy tackles and cynicism (Gough assisted)when they could have been out the gap had they stuck to their game. And they were goal shy when that's Tyrone's weak spot. Don't see all-irelands coming to either team but Tyrone have a serious bench if they can get them up to speed in the next few games.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: screenexile on May 20, 2023, 07:16:26 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 20, 2023, 07:14:36 PM

😂😂 fair enough I forgot about that massive victory!!!

Important to get your facts right when trolling! I haven't forgotten the massive victory the year before. Don't remember Derry's sole All Ireland success so well ;)

Manning18

Tyrone giving out about Gough is some laugh. McCurry scored 4 frees from the exact same position in the second half. One of the four was a foul

Aside from that, a poor Galway performance. Only Conroy and Sweeney excelled. Mountains to work on

tyrone08

Quote from: Whishtup on May 20, 2023, 07:19:18 PM
Tyrone did well there. They had the high press working well near the end and I'd say there were a few soiled Galway pants come full time. Wasn't impressed with Galway at all. A lot of dodgy tackles and cynicism (Gough assisted)when they could have been out the gap had they stuck to their game. And they were goal shy when that's Tyrone's weak spot. Don't see all-irelands coming to either team but Tyrone have a serious bench if they can get them up to speed in the next few games.
[/quote
Agreed. Not many refs will allow the off the ball fouling Galway got away with.

galwayman

Today was all about getting the W.
Performance wasn't good but I'll take playing poorly and winning every day of the week.