Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Tyrone are 15/1 for the all Ireland
Quite a tempting price.

I was looking at EPL relegation prices. Everton (17th place)  at 3/1 are 1 point ahead of Leeds (18th place) at 2/5.
Pricing doesn't look forward. Tyrone are priced based on last year and the early  league.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rois

Quote from: seafoid on May 18, 2023, 08:24:18 AM
[Feargal Logan]:
"It probably does [mean more to me], in truth. There's no getting away from the fact that 1995 was a very, very painful day for Tyrone."

It was no coincidence that Club Tyrone spun out of the 1995/1996 experience.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 18, 2023, 10:59:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2023, 10:54:36 AM
I'm quietly confident about Tyrone. Think they will turn Galway over.

Sssh!....  Some on here think we're the 2022 model, and not of the 2021 vintage!  ;)
No one in Galway is underestimating Tyrone, you can believe that.

tbrick18

Personally I think Galway are in the top 3 in the country.
In with a real shot of winning the AI and have been consistently improving.
Tyrone on the otherhand, have been stuttering and really could get beaten by anyone on any given day but still always have that big game in them.

I think Galway will be too far ahead for them, they have the momentum, home advantage and I believe a better management.
Mattie Donnelly and Canavan will be man marked and Galway will play a massed defence. They have arguably the best attacking full back in the country and Comer and Walsh are two top class forwards. Though Walsh seems to be slightly out of form recently. It's difficult to see how Tyrone will get the scores tbh and I also don't see them being able to contain the Galway forward line. MF could break out even enough.

I'd say Galway by 6/7.

Mario

Quote from: seafoid on May 18, 2023, 11:11:12 AM
Quite a tempting price.

I was looking at EPL relegation prices. Everton (17th place)  at 3/1 are 1 point ahead of Leeds (18th place) at 2/5.
Pricing doesn't look forward. Tyrone are priced based on last year and the early  league.
What would you price them on? The 1st half v monaghan?

seafoid

Quote from: Mario on May 18, 2023, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 18, 2023, 11:11:12 AM
Quite a tempting price.

What would you price them on? The 1st half v monaghan?
An average of 21 and 22
2003 2005 would be in the mix

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Whishtup on May 18, 2023, 10:46:04 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 17, 2023, 09:51:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2023, 09:33:25 PM
There was rumour of a feisty challenge game v Mayo recently has anybody heard anything else about this??

I think Rouse mentioned it on the Examiner podcast.

Heard Mayo gave Tyrone a bit of trimming and Tyrone didn't take it too kindly with rows breaking out on a number of occasions.
Also heard Kildare gave a full strength Mayo a going over. Gaago should be showing these challenge matches. Do all teams do them?are they built on relationships of management teams?

Yes i heard Kildare beat Mayo by 4 or 5 points in Athlone. Already know Kildare are in decent shape having ran Dublin so close. All teams video their matches.

trueblue1234

Always had a soft spot for Galway. Given Tyrone are unlikely to get that far, I'd love to see Galway go on and win it this year. They are rightly favourites and it all depends which Tyrone turns up. If they've been working hard on their glaring issues then they have a chance. A forward line that  potentially could have The 2 Canavans, McCurry, Mattie Donnelly can cause damage to any defence. And the likes of McShsne, McGeary etc busting to prove a point in the background. Need more from the half forward line, so I'd like a bit of a re jig there.
The defence is the real issue. Plugging that 6 spot is a must. PH needs to move to the wing. I'd actually think about giving him a role on the half forwards. But whoever comes in there at 6 will be the key. If we get that right then, we've a chance. If not, then we screwed again. If we get a drubbing now after having weeks to work on a plan then it won't get any better regardless of whether we squeeze through the round robin games. Tight game, win or lose we'll still have plenty to play for.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 18, 2023, 12:04:42 PM

Sssh!....  Some on here think we're the 2022 model, and not of the 2021 vintage!  ;)

Not aimed at your good selves, a chara, though not doubting that we have our work seriously cut out to escape from Salthill with a result.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

I would settle for a good solid performance at this stage.  Something to build on for the next game and to look forward to the rest of the summer with.  I think we could deliver that although wouldn't turn down a victory either

Wildweasel74

Galway away stronger team, better than last year. Galway by 6/7pts.

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 18, 2023, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 18, 2023, 12:04:42 PM

Not aimed at your good selves, a chara, though not doubting that we have our work seriously cut out to escape from Salthill with a result.
It will be harder to get out in a car

Manning18

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 18, 2023, 08:11:46 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on May 17, 2023, 08:07:16 PM
Quote from: galwayman on May 17, 2023, 07:03:02 PM
Any pubs in Salthill have GaaGo? Pucan in town the only place I know that has it for sure

Rob Finnerty's oul fella will surely have it set up.

Whoever's organizing has put all tickets as general admission, meaning actual normal football fans who'd like to watch another big game beforehand are probably screwed for a seat in the stand.

This somewhat new practice of GAA fans heading into games 90 mins + before throw in is odd behavior at best and a scourge at worst. Toddlers/pensioners etc aside

I assume there is no where near the ground and any chance will be in Salthill itself of getting the Mayo Kerry game?

No chance of getting enough coverage at the ground to stream it you'd imagine. Annoying that with unreserved seating you have to be in so early with a game like that on before hand. What sort of crowd would you expect on Saturday? 10-12,000 kinda thing?

Hoping the break has did Tyrone good and they've regrouped and worked on putting the defence together. I don't think we're as far of it as some people think but will be a big ask going to Galway and turning them over.

Very good chance Wards hotel or PJ Finnerty's on Salthill RD lower will have it. Reasonable chance some of the pubs in Salthill village itself will have it. Stadiums about a 7 min walk from all the above.

Mobile data is good around that area generally but up to your own circumstances obviously. I'd say 12k is a good estimate