Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Galway won the league game comfortably and will probably repeat that.

larryin89

Quote from: The Trap on May 19, 2023, 03:32:02 PM

2021 Allianz Football League Division 1 Semi-Final – Kerry 6-15 Tyrone 1-14
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

galwayman

Blowitupref

Galway won 0-16 to 0-13.

Four changes for Tyrone since that match with Cormac Munroe,Niall Devlin,Niall Sludden and McShane out and in Ronan McNamee,Michael O'Neill,Joe Oguz,Mattie Donnelly in

Galway team shows also four changes Out E Kelly,D O'Flaherty,P Kelly,E Finnerty and In J McGrath,J Maher,D Comer and S Walsh

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Of no relevance to tomorrow whatsoever. Weather conditions, team selections, collective fitness etc. all in a completely different place.

Quote from: galwayman on May 19, 2023, 03:57:53 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game.
I would have severe trepidation about it myself but if Galway want to be considered actual AI contenders they need to show up and win.

JoG2

You're being talked about as genuine All Ireland contenders, if you can't beat this current Tyrone team @ home, you're in big bother.

imtommygunn

The problem is no one knows what to expect with Tyrone - including themselves - and after them coming out of nowhere in 2021 everyone is a bit wary of them.

Fuzzman

I think you hit the nail on the head there imtommygunn.

We certainly rode our luck in 2021 with a lot of things going right for us.
We looked poor enough v Cavan first day out
We got lucky with Donegal losing their best defender McGee and then Murphy
We looked very good in the first half v Monaghan in the Ulster final and then nearly let them catch us in the second half
We put up a huge fight v Kerry with a total siege mentality but had Clifford not got injured and went off I don't think we could have held on

But then we put in a very professional performance in the final and showed we know how to win big games in Croker.

So yet again we are a very up and down sort of side who could be brilliant one day like in the league v Kerry having gone 6 points down early on to a side totally useless v Mayo.

I think with the loss of McKenna, loss of form for McShane and McGeary we have gone backwards although Canavan and McCurry seem to have set up a good partnership up front if they can just get the space to breathe.
It's a long time since we have won in Galway but ye never know what Tyrone will show up.

The Derry and Armagh lads seem to have taken over as the two best teams in Ulster now so Tyrone should rightfully know their place now and stay away from the new big boys in town  8)

seafoid

Tyrone didn't come out of nowhere in 2021.
They were in 5 semi finals between 2013 and 2019. They got to the final in 2018.
If Dublin hadn't been funded by the GAA to win 6 an a row, Tyrone would have won that all Ireland earlier.

As for Derry and Armagh, last year wasn't very encouraging.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 19, 2023, 04:44:19 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head there imtommygunn.

We certainly rode our luck in 2021 with a lot of things going right for us.
We looked poor enough v Cavan first day out
We got lucky with Donegal losing their best defender McGee and then Murphy
We looked very good in the first half v Monaghan in the Ulster final and then nearly let them catch us in the second half
We put up a huge fight v Kerry with a total siege mentality but had Clifford not got injured and went off I don't think we could have held on

But then we put in a very professional performance in the final and showed we know how to win big games in Croker.

So yet again we are a very up and down sort of side who could be brilliant one day like in the league v Kerry having gone 6 points down early on to a side totally useless v Mayo.

I think with the loss of McKenna, loss of form for McShane and McGeary we have gone backwards although Canavan and McCurry seem to have set up a good partnership up front if they can just get the space to breathe.
It's a long time since we have won in Galway but ye never know what Tyrone will show up.

The Derry and Armagh lads seem to have taken over as the two best teams in Ulster now so Tyrone should rightfully know their place now and stay away from the new big boys in town  8)

Totally forgot about him, is he hurt ? in the subs?

square_ball

He was poor enough in the league in any of the game time he was given. No one seems to know if it's injury or he's that much out of form he's at least number 27 on the panel.

mouview

clarshack

We have a dodgy defence and a lack of firepower up front. Galway will win by 5/6.

Wildweasel74

Will Tyrone get 1pt outta that half forward line, poor?!

ONeill

What's up with McGeary? POTY 2 years ago, now hardly making the team. In his prime.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.