RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 03:17:12 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam klink=topic=32019.msg2201562#msg2201562 date=1684154527
The fact he took a training session on Saturday in Derry may suggest otherwise.

He did not.
Ciaran meenagh held a team meeting

I have to say I think this is more likely.
The Derry county board took abuse for not making a statement.
Can you imagine the outcry if it turned out Gallagher was anywhere near the panel after statement saying he was stepping back.
That would be stupidity of another magnitude.

In the modern world 1 person  with a phone and its headline news.
I can't believe anyone would take that risk or allow it to be taken.

quit yo jibbajabba

Leenie what hes done is bad enough and if the Derry board ignored an email then thats poor too. All will sort itself out without the need for baseless rumours to add to the thing

Tonto no not you in particular. Just seen the same thing repeated, and at a guess all coming from the gipe that posted it originally

screenexile

I find it hard to believe Gallagher was in a bar last night and there haven't been pictures floating around WhatsApp all day!

seafoid

Quote from: LC on May 15, 2023, 06:36:16 PM
Derry County Board apparently stating they received no such email from NG's Father last year, I would be surprised if the Sindo would state this in their article without asking to see.  Brolly also made reference to the email in his column as well.
How convenient. Ignoring such an email would obviously have a very bad look.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cavan19

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 15, 2023, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 03:17:12 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam klink=topic=32019.msg2201562#msg2201562 date=1684154527
The fact he took a training session on Saturday in Derry may suggest otherwise.

He did not.
Ciaran meenagh held a team meeting

I have to say I think this is more likely.
The Derry county board took abuse for not making a statement.
Can you imagine the outcry if it turned out Gallagher was anywhere near the panel after statement saying he was stepping back.
That would be stupidity of another magnitude.

In the modern world 1 person  with a phone and its headline news.
I can't believe anyone would take that risk or allow it to be taken.

It was a washy statement though he said he was stepping back as Manager which could mean he was still involved in background.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on May 15, 2023, 09:29:58 PM
I find it hard to believe Gallagher was in a bar last night and there haven't been pictures floating around WhatsApp all day!
I think we need an RG GPS

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think is all the responsibility a community sports organisation has?
Do you think that's what their members would want?
Do you think that what their sponsors would want?
Do you think that's what potential funding agencies would want?
Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Eh? So your expecting GAA volunteers to perform criminal investigations?
Are they then expected to act as a jury on the outcome of said investigations? What about judge and executioner too while were at it?

The response can only be - "Sorry, you need to take this to the police. It is not appropriate or feasible that we be an investigator in these matters. With society here operating on an 'innocent until proven guilty' premise, Rory Gallagher will remain in charge of Derry unless we receive concerning information from the relevant authorities".

-----------------------

In general, a bit concerned about the trial by social media thing gathering pace. If people are going to condemn someone based only on accusations, that is an extremely slippery slope to start down. Hypothetical argument; if [a,b,c] happened, how would you like it if the other party made accusations and you were sacked and turned into a pariah off the back of the accusations (be they completely false, embellished or true) before even having the chance to defend yourself?

[a - you got promoted ahead of someone and they were livid about it.]
[b - your marriage broke down]
[c - neighbour feud]
[etc etc]
i usse an speelchekor

tonto1888

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 15, 2023, 09:29:16 PM
Leenie what hes done is bad enough and if the Derry board ignored an email then thats poor too. All will sort itself out without the need for baseless rumours to add to the thing

Tonto no not you in particular. Just seen the same thing repeated, and at a guess all coming from the gipe that posted it originally

I heard it yesterday at the game. Before reading your man's post on here. As I've said before, I've no idea if true or not, so I will back out now.

Derryman forever

I have two words regarding these allegations about Rory Gallagher. And they will be my last words on this forum.
Posters commentators and Media should be very aware that abuse comes in all shapes and forms. And in their haste to condemn they should be aware that everyone has rights and emotions , even the guilty, and we must be careful mot to be abusers ourselves.
My two last words are " Caroline Flack ".

The Watcher Pat

Domestic violence should not be tolerated anywhere. Against women and men. i heard first hand at Clones yesterday young fella's singing "There's only one Rory Gallagher". Sensibly some older Derry fans told them to be quiet. A proper inquery needs to happen to see if Derry GAA actually got this e-mail. But fair play to the sensible Derry fans for stopping the younger drunk fans singing that.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Orior

Has a formal complaint been made against RG to the police?

If not, is there an onus on the police to investigate anyway?

RG may have a case to answer, and I have zero sympathy for bullies and women beaters, but it would seem his managerial career is over. Has he a job outside of the GAA?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh18

Latest rumour now is that Gallagher took a session in Corduff club and had breakfast there after with team. And he was out in Dormans last night.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 09:58:13 PM
Latest rumour now is that Gallagher took a session in Corduff club and had breakfast there after with team. And he was out in Dormans last night.

Team wasn't out in Dorman's

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2023, 09:53:37 PM

RG may have a case to answer, and I have zero sympathy for bullies and women beaters, but it would seem his managerial career is over. Has he a job outside of the GAA?
The Gardai wanted to talk to his wife per her Sindo interview . Maybe the PSNI got the memo.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2023, 09:53:37 PM

Not just women beaters, there are some men in the same position. Domestic violence isn't black and white some men wont admit it. Its all wrong.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME