Kerry v Mayo - AI Senior Championship - R1 - Fitzgerald Field - Sat 20th 3pm

Started by highorlow, May 15, 2023, 10:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Time for the real sthuff now.

We will catch Kerry on the hop here, Mayo by 4.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Derryman forever

joemamas

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 03:26:45 PM
Should be a good game, I think Mayo will edge it.

Thank you Kerryforsams and Eire og and all your other aliases for your wonderful analysis as usual. You have to try a little harder.

Wildweasel74

Derryman forever

Quote from: joemamas on May 15, 2023, 03:30:51 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 03:26:45 PM
Should be a good game, I think Mayo will edge it.

Thank you Kerryforsams and Eire og and all your other aliases for your wonderful analysis as usual. You have to try a little harder.

What?
You think I operate numerous accounts?
I will take that as a compliment  , as I suspect it takes a wheen of brains to do that

seafoid

I would expect Kerry to win with a few points to spare. Cuimhnigh ar 2014. Doesn't time fly?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Wouldn't be confident calling it either way .

Kerry didn't ate us alive last year , they simply converted their chances whilst we had just as many chances but didn't convert . Absolutely deserved their victory though as converting your chances is what wins games .

David Moran is a big loss to Kerry . They've not looked as sharp as they should thus far either .

We will have to get a bounce out of having such a decent break since Ros game and I believe we will .

Mcbrien will be handed the job of marshalling George best , big test for him , the ultimate test . We will need PAddy and hession to be on their A game . One will get seanie o se and the other probably get paudie best . But them bucks will also have something to think about .

Players out of form like Mattie Ruane will really need to up it if we are to have any chance , Jordan Flynn similarly has gone off the boil . Carr , Aido and Ryan to start with Tommy and cillian (if available) to come in half way through .

Tony brosnan will need following , think he's very underrated , comes out and makes things happen.

We have gone off peoples radar since ros defeat , which is great . I'll put it this way though , they didn't go out to lose for sure but there sure as hell was frig all disappointment amongst the players .

Travel in hope rather than expectation but crikey I'd love nothing more to be the first team to bate them below since 1995 championship.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ciarrai_thuaidh

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Sean Hurson the ref this game as he was for the 2-14 to 1-10 league game back in February

Mayo starting team that night at least 12 should start again?

Colm Reape
David McBrien, Rory Brickenden, Enda Hession
Stephen Coen, Conor Loftus, Donnacha McHugh
Matthew Ruane, Diarmuid O'Connor
Fionn McDonagh, Jack Carney, Jordan Flynn
Aidan O'Shea, James Carr, Ryan O'Donoghue.

Kerry 7 or 8?

Shane Murphy
Graham O'Sullivan, Jason Foley, Tom O'Sullivan
Pa Warren, Tadhg Morley, Paul Murphy;
Jack Barry, Barry O'Sullivan;
Dara Moynihan, Paudie Clifford, Micheál Burns;
Tony Brosnan, Darragh Roche, Donal O'Sullivan.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2023, 07:21:52 PM
Sean Hurson the ref this game as he was for the 2-14 to 1-10 league game back in February

Mayo starting team that night at least 12 should start again?

Colm Reape
David McBrien, Rory Brickenden, Enda Hession
Stephen Coen, Conor Loftus, Donnacha McHugh
Matthew Ruane, Diarmuid O'Connor
Fionn McDonagh, Jack Carney, Jordan Flynn
Aidan O'Shea, James Carr, Ryan O'Donoghue.

Kerry 7 or 8?

Shane Murphy
Graham O'Sullivan, Jason Foley, Tom O'Sullivan
Pa Warren, Tadhg Morley, Paul Murphy;
Jack Barry, Barry O'Sullivan;
Dara Moynihan, Paudie Clifford, Micheál Burns;
Tony Brosnan, Darragh Roche, Donal O'Sullivan.

I'd imagine bolded 8 will start for Kerry. Same team to Clare game I'd expect so Ryan in goals, Casey, White, Diarmuid O'Connor, Seánie, Clifford and Geaney to fill the other slots. Geaney may come under pressure, but Donal O'Sullivan injured at a bad time unfortunately for him.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

fearsiuil

Kerry lads have big expectations of their Diarmuid O'Connor but he's been either a bit underwhelming or injury prone so far. Is that fair to say and could he now have the maturity to step in to David Moran's boots?

orchardarmy02

are tony brosnan and darragh moynihan the sons of eoin brosnan and seamus moynhihan?

blanketattack

Quote from: orchardarmy02 on May 16, 2023, 02:51:02 PM
are tony brosnan and darragh moynihan the sons of eoin brosnan and seamus moynhihan?

Yes, Eoin Brosnan and Seamus Moynihan got married in 2016, when Eoin was 16 and Seamus was 43. Some people said eoin was too young to get married but love conquers all.
Straight away they had a baby boy Tony Brosnan-Moynihan and 2 years later had Darragh Moynihan-Brosnan.