Previous topic - Next topic

Predict the winner

Derry
22 (66.7%)
Monaghan
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Newbridge Exile

Diarmuid Baker from Steelstown in place of Niall  O'Donnell as well on the bench

Eire90

Schkite

McAnespie back is a huge boost, an engine like his is vital in a game like this . Also Mohan in the team is another positive - as raw as he is, he's a big physical presence which can make things happen

Thought our lineup in the Ulster game was a little naive with both McCarron & McManus starting, when legs and workrate are paramount in this fixture - I'd have started Conor instead of Jack though - and Dessie Ward though named in the forwards will be more of a defensive role.

A very tough game regardless but I think we'll give a better account of ourselves this time, and surely some lessons were learned from the first game

seafoid

This is the biggest game in the group. A huge chance for Monaghan to take control.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bennydorano

Derry have a Clones hangover as well by the looks of it.

Main Street

At this stage we're 4 points better and Derry are 4 points worse compared  to the semi final, where I don't remember Derry kicking a wide in that 1st half.

Blowitupref

Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2023, 07:38:36 PM
Derry have a Clones hangover as well by the looks of it.

And Monaghan have used their break wisely.
Half time Derry 0-6 Monaghan 0-7.  A month ago it was 1-12 to 1-5 in favour of Derry.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Champion The Wonder Horse

7-6 to Monaghan at half time. They're taking their scores, Derry a fair few bad wides.

Not many Monaghan folk here; I've counted 8.

thewobbler

If only every county could find a way to to instil the passion, belief, intelligent and intensity into football that Monaghan does.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: thewobbler on May 27, 2023, 07:46:30 PM
If only every county could find a way to to instil the passion, belief, intelligent and intensity into football that Monaghan does.

Always loved that about them.

Captain Obvious

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 27, 2023, 07:49:24 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 27, 2023, 07:42:24 PM
Derry a fair few bad wides.

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2023, 07:41:40 PMI don't remember Derry kicking a wide in that 1st half.

Not watching which information is correct?
That's a poxed snip.
If you read the whole sentence,
that first half = the semi final first half.
Derry hit no wides in  first half of the sf.

Wolfetones

You'd hope the wide given as a score isn't a factor in the result.