Roscommon v Galway Connacht Semi Final 23/4/23

Started by Rossfan, April 12, 2023, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Poor enough game.
Galway playing within themselves so far.
Roscommon look poor to be honest.  Not offering anything much going forward.

I could see Glaway switching on for 10 mins in the 2nd half and running away with it.

But then again, last week at half time you'd have thought monaghan were dead and buried but they came back in the 2nd half.

Blowitupref

Looking like a routine win for Galway, the more composed side against a error ridden Roscommon team that are already getting frustrated.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

We needed to stick one of those goal chances to reflect how that half went, Rossies will come into it at some stage.

What's with Gough not calling the two Galway marks? Doesn't matter if they are not getting bombed into the FF, they are going the requisite distance, being caught and the rule is the rule. I think the advanced mark is disaster of a rule by the way and should be done away with but it's bizarre what he is at.

shantygael

you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

That miss for the ball across the square that went wide of the post will haunt Roscommon.

armaghniac

Galway goal was one of these things, a rebound is always dangerous. The Rossies could have got the points, but kept going for goals.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SouthDublinBro

Joke giving man of the match to a member of the losing team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on April 23, 2023, 05:39:39 PM

If the best player during the match is on the losing team should you not give it to him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on April 23, 2023, 05:39:21 PM
Galway goal was one of these things, a rebound is always dangerous. The Rossies could have got the points, but kept going for goals.

Roscommon had a decent goal chance themselves before it but slipped in the build up and that Galway goal could easily have been a point instead of goal. Those two moments proved the difference in the end.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 05:42:20 PM

If the best player during the match is on the losing team should you not give it to him?
I thought after the AI final last year there was a moratorium on this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 23, 2023, 05:47:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 05:42:20 PM

I thought after the AI final last year there was a moratorium on this.

So the GAA headquarters or RTE decided this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Does Sean Cavanagh think he's on the ice planet Hoth?

Wildweasel74

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: clarshack on April 23, 2023, 05:57:45 PM
Does Sean Cavanagh think he's on the ice planet Hoth?
I think he's joined the Hutch gang
Careful now