Ulster U20 and Minor Championships 2024

Started by Captain Obvious, March 22, 2023, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Estimator

Big result in Omagh. V surprised to see that. Even when they went behind early on, I'd have expected them to recover.
Ulster League Champions 2009

ClubScene13

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 29, 2023, 08:58:05 PM
Semi final draw?

Down v Monaghan
Derry v Antrim / Donegal

Played Wednesday 12th April 7:30 - not sure on venues could be neutral

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

HiMucker

Quote from: Estimator on March 29, 2023, 09:00:21 PM
Big result in Omagh. V surprised to see that. Even when they went behind early on, I'd have expected them to recover.
Younger boys at the club earlier were saying that Down were going to win, and were all on them @ 7/1. Seems like they knew something

Eire90

is tyrone out of all ireland aswell or is their a back door for u20

Captain Obvious

Donegal win 5-4 on penalties and go through to the Semi Finals!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Eire90 on March 29, 2023, 09:44:18 PM
is tyrone out of all ireland aswell or is their a back door for u20
They are out , it's straight knockout

ck

The Tyrone result is a big shock. One of the favs for the All-Ireland out in 1st round.
Who would be favourites for Ulster now?

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on March 29, 2023, 10:51:27 PM
The Tyrone result is a big shock. One of the favs for the All-Ireland out in 1st round.
Derry and as i stated yesterday they had 11 of their 2020 Minor All Ireland winners on their current U20 team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rawhide

And two injured in McAvoy and Brady, both certs when fit
cccc is a true supporter lol

oakleaflad

Quote from: ck on March 29, 2023, 10:51:27 PM
Derry would have been favorites before the Tyrone exit even. Derry won all the Ulster competitions at this age group coming up (Buncrana Cup etc) and then won the All Ireland minor. I'm not one to be bigging us up usually and anything can happen on any given day but anyone who's been involved with or kept an eye on this age group knows that.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Rawhide on March 29, 2023, 11:39:16 PM
And two injured in McAvoy and Brady, both certs when fit

Has Brady developed much post minor? Not sure on that. Forbes is a star in the making at LHB (Bradys position at minor).

Sleater

Monaghan v Down will be an interesting semi-final. Huge result by Down to knock Tyrone out. Monaghan have started slowly in their games against Cavan and Armagh. But reeled both in and the longer the games went on they looked like the more likely winner. Both Armagh and Cavan will regret kicking a shit load of wides in the first half of both games when they were a few points up. Both if they were more clinical really could have killed Monaghan off. But this Monaghan team are a tenacious bunch with 4 or 5 superb talents (especially Mooney up front). Derry still favourites and I expect them to win their semi-final handy enough.