Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pub Bore

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 09:44:33 AM
I hadn't thought about this until now, but the person who videoed that and shared it on social media could be in hot water. Certainly if one of the families pushes it with the Garda. There is a safeguarding issue here. The young fella doing the vast majority of the fighting will have had a rough few days because this has been shared widely.

I'm sure someone will line up some counselling and anger management classes for him.

Armagh18

I hadn't thought about this until now, but the person who videoed that and shared it on social media could be in hot water. Certainly if one of the families pushes it with the Garda. There is a safeguarding issue here. The young fella doing the vast majority of the fighting will have had a rough few days because this has been shared widely.
Deservedly so for going on like a total little scrote.

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 11:27:15 AM
Deservedly so for going on like a total little scrote.

I'm not hear to defend him. We don't know the full picture of what went on before or after. We only have this snippet. We've all made mistakes. Some big, some small. He's still only a young fella. I wouldn't like it if it was my son being shared all over the internet for people to comment on.

Wildweasel74

Don't have to see what happened before, there's enough to go on, on his behaviour in the video. You might not  like it, but it's he at fault not the phone operator. Am sure his father wouldn't want it up himself given his action. Nearly as bad as tge Wicklow one last year. I think people like to pretend this shit did'nt happen.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

As an association, we need what happened here to become common knowledge.

grounded

Quote from: JoG2 on May 13, 2023, 12:06:56 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2023, 11:46:55 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2023/0512/1383345-gaa-mentor-jailed-over-assaulting-referee-in-wexford/

Lesson hard learned. Won't do it again
'  It is the first time a person has been jailed for attacking a referee at a GAA match '   
        In fairness thats the quote i find hard to believe.

J70

Hopefully he won't be the last to be punished like this for that kind of conduct.

Milltown Row2

But sure who in the North will call the peelers when they get attacked?

I'll be doing it, just in case someone is reading this  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2023, 01:36:38 PM
Hopefully he won't be the last to be punished like this for that kind of conduct.

Hopefully he is,  in that hopefully this sends a strong enough message to make people wise the f**k up....unless MR2 is refereeing then all bets are off ;D

trailer

No surprises there. Kilcoo. Very, very aggressive and nasty behaviour. What is driving this?