tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 01:00:41 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 09, 2023, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 09, 2023, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: Brendan on June 09, 2023, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2023, 10:02:28 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/david-gough-i-then-have-to-go-and-listen-to-him-on-radio-1-changing-his-argument-i-found-that-very-difficult/a842123657.html

Was talking to someone the other night about the black card one, is that for all games now or just inter County? Assuming if it's being applied in championship then it isn't just being trialled like they normally do?

This rule has been in place at inter county level for a while now and has not been introduced at club level (I take it its the black card/goal opportunity one) but that doesn't stop the clampits supporters behind the fence, managers/coaches inside the fence and the players calling for it nearly every game!!

Gough is taking crap. How can it be a goal scoring opportunity if there are still 2 defenders in the way of the attacker.

Is it a 'goal opportunity' wording? and if so how is wrong? There have been plenty of goals scored when someone is running into the square regardless off how many defenders there are..

And remember what who brought this about in the first place ;)
[/quote

I believe its if the ref deems it to be a goal scoring opportunity.
Does that mean every time a forward is inside the 20m line they are brought down they automatically get a penalty. Seems strange as you can alway say a forward is attacking the goal anytime they are brought down.

Black card was brought in long before the Sean incident so not sure what you mean.

When Sean Cavanagh pulled down Conor McManus in the 2013 All-Ireland Quarter Final, little did he know that he would change the landscape of the game. Cavanagh was lambasted for his cynicism by all from the media, with RTE pundit Joe Brolly taking particular offence from the action.

But the Tyrone star was not the sole perpetrator of cynical play in the GAA and we would also be a bit naive to think that deliberate pull downs and trips didn't exist in the era of the great teams of the past.

GAA congress knew it would have to act so it set about putting structure together that  would punish cynical play and give the advantage to teams trying to play football. The black card was born with great intentions but has let the GAA public wholly dissatisfied  with it's varied interpretation and implementation.

What year did the Black card come out? 2014?

Some basic history here for you.

Black card introduced in jan 2013 for the 2014 season.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-propose-introduction-of-black-card-to-stamp-out-cynical-fouls/28955932.html

Sean pulled down was in Aug 2013 AFTER the black card was already agreed.

Milltown Row2

Some basic reading for you:

THE GAA will look to introduce 'black card' offences in a bid to stamp out some of the more cynical behaviour in Gaelic football for the 2014 season

Under the proposal, should a team pick up a fourth black card in a game, that player could not be replaced.

If approved by Congress, the proposals would apply from January 1, 2014.

This is from your article, it was passed because of Sean's cynical fouling that was highlighted and picked on by Brolly

As for that other claim of 'brought in long before the Sean incident' some stretch

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 03:19:38 PM

THE GAA will look to introduce 'black card' offences in a bid to stamp out some of the more cynical behaviour in Gaelic football for the 2014 season

Under the proposal, should a team pick up a fourth black card in a game, that player could not be replaced.

This is from your article, it was passed because of Sean's cynical fouling that was highlighted and picked on by Brolly

As for that other claim of 'brought in long before the Sean incident' some stretch

The black card was proposed and discussed in Jan 2013. Before the Cavanagh tackle. It wasn't passed until 2014. But unless they have brilliant soothsaying abilities, the black card wasn't due to sC's tackle.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2023, 03:48:24 PM

The black card was proposed and discussed in Jan 2013. Before the Cavanagh tackle. It wasn't passed until 2014. But unless they have brilliant soothsaying abilities, the black card wasn't due to sC's tackle.

Your Tyrone mate said the black card was BROUGHT in long before Sean C pulling people to the ground, It was PROPOSED NOT IMPLEMENTED until 2014 on the back of people discussing the highlighted tackle skills of Sean C

Plenty of things are proposed every year at Congress, 80% probably or more are not passed, the media jumped on this ( ;D ) and run with it, if yoy don't think Sean didn't help it then you are blind
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

I think he was just correcting you on this comment.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2023, 03:55:19 PM

He said it was brought in long before Sean, Sean brought the topic to the top table, that's been widely recognised. But let's not highlight the good Tyronies  ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2023, 03:55:19 PM

He said it was brought in long before Sean, Sean brought the topic to the top table, that's been widely recognised. But let's not highlight the good Tyronies  ;D

Yeah you were both wrong.

blanketattack

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 09, 2023, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: Brendan on June 09, 2023, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2023, 10:02:28 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/david-gough-i-then-have-to-go-and-listen-to-him-on-radio-1-changing-his-argument-i-found-that-very-difficult/a842123657.html

Was talking to someone the other night about the black card one, is that for all games now or just inter County? Assuming if it's being applied in championship then it isn't just being trialled like they normally do?

This rule has been in place at inter county level for a while now and has not been introduced at club level (I take it its the black card/goal opportunity one) but that doesn't stop the clampits supporters behind the fence, managers/coaches inside the fence and the players calling for it nearly every game!!

Gough is taking crap. How can it be a goal scoring opportunity if there are still 2 defenders in the way of the attacker.

Paudie Clifford was wide open in the centre.
As Gough explained, goal scoring opportunity means the team had a goalscoring opportunity, not necessarily the individual fouled.

tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 03:52:54 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 09, 2023, 03:48:24 PM

Your Tyrone mate said the black card was BROUGHT in long before Sean C pulling people to the ground, It was PROPOSED NOT IMPLEMENTED until 2014 on the back of people discussing the highlighted tackle skills of Sean C

Plenty of things are proposed every year at Congress, 80% probably or more are not passed, the media jumped on this ( ;D ) and run with it, if yoy don't think Sean didn't help it then you are blind

Need I remind you that You said Sean was responsible for bringing it in. I highlighted that it was leady discussed and proposed 6 months before that tackle to try and stop cynical fouls. The way you were suggesting was it was brought in directly as a result of sean tackle.

Anyway it's in now and like most of the gaa rules it's applied inconsistently.

Milltown Row2

As I said before plenty of things are proposed at congress, not a lot are acted on, because I'd Sean wanting to straddle McManus it was rubber stamped.

You know the difference between proposed and passed?

tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2023, 12:31:19 PM
As I said before plenty of things are proposed at congress, not a lot are acted on, because I'd Sean wanting to straddle McManus it was rubber stamped.

You know the difference between proposed and passed?

You know the difference between Mar and Aug? Gaa PASSED the back card in mar 2013.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-pass-controversial-black-card-rule/29150028.html

Argument over you lose

Angus MacGyver

I made a huge mistake reffing a B league game last night, namely implementing the rules.
Penalized 2 players in the early minutes for clearly throwing the hand-pass, one of which had put a lad through one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Also gave a couple frees out when lads went over on steps, causing a disallowed point in one case. Mayhem ensued. nobody cares about consistent application of the rules at the instant where it costs their team a score. 

Derryman forever

Quote from: Angus MacGyver on June 15, 2023, 04:07:22 PM
I made a huge mistake reffing a B league game last night, namely implementing the rules.
Penalized 2 players in the early minutes for clearly throwing the hand-pass, one of which had put a lad through one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Also gave a couple frees out when lads went over on steps, causing a disallowed point in one case. Mayhem ensued. nobody cares about consistent application of the rules at the instant where it costs their team a score.

Whatever made you think the rules were meant  to be applied?

Milltown Row2

tyrone08

Quote from: Angus MacGyver on June 15, 2023, 04:07:22 PM

The amount of times you now see inter County players throwing the ball in games is unreal. Hardly ever pulled on it. It's a simple task to do I can't understand why they need to throw the fecking thing.