Under age football question?

Started by Zip Code, July 31, 2014, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Code

At what under age level can a child easily move clubs, at U10 could a child easily switch clubs?

heffo

Quote from: Zip Code on July 31, 2014, 11:50:25 AM
At what under age level can a child easily move clubs, at U10 could a child easily switch clubs?

Up to and including U11 can switch - the 'home' club cannot object. In Dublin they must still transfer during the designated window though.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Zip Code

Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2014, 12:10:11 PM

Up to and including U11 can switch - the 'home' club cannot object. In Dublin they must still transfer during the designated window though.

So my son is 11 in August and plays U10 for a club but its really not working out and he has a load of mates in the other local club, so if he sticks it out this year - they usually finish in September he should have no trouble switching to play u12 next year?

Christmas Lights

What do you mean not really working out?

Zip Code

ardchieftain

I think he means his lad isn't enjoying it. if that's the case, get him moved or he'll end up giving up the sport.

Collie Brolly

Or maybe he means he's an outstanding footballer but he has little chance of silverware with the retards he plays with now and would have a better shot with the "other" local club.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Collie Brolly on July 31, 2014, 03:09:55 PM
Or maybe he means he's an outstanding footballer but he has little chance of silverware with the retards he plays with now and would have a better shot with the "other" local club.

Or it could mean the complete opposite and he wants his lad to have a chance to develop in a different environment.  At the end of the day that is none of our business,  as has been said move him to where he feels happier and don't think again about it.

heffo

Quote from: Zip Code on July 31, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2014, 12:10:11 PM

So my son is 11 in August and plays U10 for a club but its really not working out and he has a load of mates in the other local club, so if he sticks it out this year - they usually finish in September he should have no trouble switching to play u12 next year?

As long as he hasnt played U12 football yet he can transfer without issue. If you need specific info pm me

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Zulu

I don't think Collie, to be fair to him, was suggesting the weaker kids were that but that that was how 'Zip code' might have been interpreting his sons team to be, i.e too useless for my little Johnny.

My own view is that kids should be allowed transfer without any hassle from one club to the other.

Blue06

"So my son is 11 in August and plays U10 for a club"

If he is 11 this year he shouldn't be playing U10.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Blue06 on July 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
"So my son is 11 in August and plays U10 for a club"

If he is 11 this year he shouldn't be playing U10.

Some counties have a cut of date as the 01/07 for certain age group's. It coincides with the school year.

Blue06

QuoteSome counties have a cut of date as the 01/07 for certain age group's. It coincides with the school year

Ah right. its U10½. done like the age groups for the ulster colleges.