Crpssmaglen & Mickey Harte

Started by zoyler, December 04, 2011, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 06, 2011, 06:21:06 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on December 06, 2011, 01:59:22 PM
It just shows the inferiority complex that the Armagh lads still have with Tyrone. Even Crossmaglen need a pat on the back and a well done from Mickey.

Point of order, zoylers bot a Cross man. Inferiority complex in Cross? :D

They never could get the better of God's Errigal.

Doesn't keep me at night. God would dearly love one of what I have.

ONeill

I'd say he would.

Fact is - after 3 games, Cross had no way of beating wee Pete.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2011, 12:11:32 AM
I'd say he would.

Wrong, we beat them in a 4th game in the Kildress Gold Watch tournamenmt by 6 points I think, far more important than what they won :D

PAULD123

I can't believe some of the comments here. Despite wanting Burren to win the match, I have no problem in saying that Crossmaglen's achievement is remarkable. They deserve generous plaudits for what they have achieved. Cross is a rural club without access to large "town/city" populations. This isn't just one cross team that has happened to appear and win several titles. It isn't just the energence of a single group of talanted players all at once by fluke. The success is spread over 15 years and several teams which have conquered and then been re-built. To achieve that is magnificent.

Any denegration of their success is nothing but childish and churlish commentary.

It was the marquee game in Ulster that week and a singularly inspiring outcome with Cross maintaining a 100% record from nine finals. All Ulster GAA columnists should have mentioned it in the wake of the final.

And so Micky Harte should have written about it too.

Applesisapples

Quote from: PAULD123 on December 08, 2011, 10:07:06 AM
I can't believe some of the comments here. Despite wanting Burren to win the match, I have no problem in saying that Crossmaglen's achievement is remarkable. They deserve generous plaudits for what they have achieved. Cross is a rural club without access to large "town/city" populations. This isn't just one cross team that has happened to appear and win several titles. It isn't just the energence of a single group of talanted players all at once by fluke. The success is spread over 15 years and several teams which have conquered and then been re-built. To achieve that is magnificent.

Any denegration of their success is nothing but childish and churlish commentary.

It was the marquee game in Ulster that week and a singularly inspiring outcome with Cross maintaining a 100% record from nine finals. All Ulster GAA columnists should have mentioned it in the wake of the final.

I don't disagree with anything you say. My only comment is that Harte is consistent in only lauding Tyrone teams. I don't know why.

Hashtag

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 08, 2011, 12:22:51 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on December 08, 2011, 10:07:06 AM

I don't disagree with anything you say. My only comment is that Harte is consistent in only lauding Tyrone teams. I don't know why.

It's because he is from Tyrone and loves Tyrone teams. Glad I could clear that up for you. Merry Christmas.

Armaghgeddon

All he ever does is moan.

Examples:

International Rules shouldnt be played...
The whole Carthy thing...
Harte hits out at fixture lists....
Not happy with rule changes...

I think he is a very good manager but he repeats the same shite every year.

under the bar

QuoteI must say I was surprised and upset with Mickey Harte. Surely he accepts that if it wasn't for us winning in 97 99 and 00 then Armagh would not have won in 2002 which consequently opened the door for Tyrone to win in 2003. It is actually very remiss of him not to ackowledge our greatness and its direct effect on the fortunes of Tyrone.  Shame on him, shame.

Yes indeed. He should have acknowledged that Tyrone's greatness followed on from Armagh's mediocrity. 

armaghniac

QuoteYes indeed. He should have acknowledged that Tyrone's greatness followed on from Armagh's mediocrity.

This post is a good candidate for lamest response of the year. Which is brilliant in its own way, I suppose.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armaghgeddon

Taken from RTE

Crossmaglen Rangers have released a statement in the wake of the death of three-time All-Ireland club winner James Hughes.

The statement said the club was "shocked and saddened" by the death of the 35-year-old, who was killed in a shotgun attack in Louth in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Crossmaglen is one of the country's most successful club football teams. Mr Hughes was a three-time club All-Ireland winning player with the South Armagh club.

The statement added: "James was a valued and committed member of our club, part of our successful senior team panel for over 10 years, he won three All-Ireland Club medals and more recently captained our seconds team to League success in 2010."

Crossmaglen Rangers statement:

"The Committee, players and members of Crossmaglen Rangers GFC are shocked and saddened by the untimely death of our friend and colleague James and along with the entire local community are devastated at this tragic event.

"James was a valued and committed member of our club, part of our successful senior team panel for over 10 years, he won three All-Ireland Club medals and more recently captained our seconds team to League success in 2010. He will be sadly missed by all of his friends and colleagues within the club.

"We extend our deepest and heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this very difficult time.

"Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam."

illdecide

RIP James Hughes

Didn't know the lad personally but played against him a few times, very tragic and sad especially at this time of the year.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

theticklemister

RIP jamies

On the mickey harte thing, screenexile knocked it clean in the head about the range of subjects he talks about; this leads to his column being very tedious and every Friday I ignore his piece. Seamus Heaney's piece is far more interesting; takes a Derry man ye see!!!!!!!!!!!

We can all look forward to a 2 month build up to the Derrytresk v Dromaird Pearses game!!! Ye ha!!!

seafoid

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 12, 2011, 11:34:07 AM
Taken from RTE

Crossmaglen Rangers have released a statement in the wake of the death of three-time All-Ireland club winner James Hughes.

The statement said the club was "shocked and saddened" by the death of the 35-year-old, who was killed in a shotgun attack in Louth in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Crossmaglen is one of the country's most successful club football teams. Mr Hughes was a three-time club All-Ireland winning player with the South Armagh club.

The statement added: "James was a valued and committed member of our club, part of our successful senior team panel for over 10 years, he won three All-Ireland Club medals and more recently captained our seconds team to League success in 2010."

Crossmaglen Rangers statement:

"The Committee, players and members of Crossmaglen Rangers GFC are shocked and saddened by the untimely death of our friend and colleague James and along with the entire local community are devastated at this tragic event.

"James was a valued and committed member of our club, part of our successful senior team panel for over 10 years, he won three All-Ireland Club medals and more recently captained our seconds team to League success in 2010. He will be sadly missed by all of his friends and colleagues within the club.

"We extend our deepest and heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this very difficult time.

"Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam."

Ceol na n-aingil go gcloisfidh se

Absolutely brutal . I can't believe this sort of thing can happen, apparently over a woman.  3 lives destroyed.

new devil

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2011, 09:04:29 AM
I'd say he would.

Wrong, we beat them in a 4th game in the Kildress Gold Watch tournamenmt by 6 points I think, far more important than what they won :D

Was this on a Saturday evening in 97 BCB? think i was doing the score board for that game

Minder

Quote from: new devil on December 12, 2011, 08:47:37 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2011, 09:04:29 AM
I'd say he would.

Was this on a Saturday evening in 97 BCB? think i was doing the score board for that game

I would say the socks and shoes were off that day  ;D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"