Code breakers will find rugby tough to crack

Started by Zulu, November 21, 2010, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 30, 2010, 04:42:09 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 30, 2010, 11:44:01 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on November 29, 2010, 11:13:13 PM
If you don't like it don't comment on it.

is there not an egg chasing site where people can talk about rugby instead of infecting the Gaa  site talking about it.
Is there not some site where narrow-minded idiots such as yourself can talk shite to each other instead of mouthing here for the sake of it? Ah yes, www.hoganstand.com...Now away on like a good girl.

i didnt know the Hoganstand had a Rugby section. ;D ;D
Jeez some lads are very touchy about a sport that isnt related to the GAA.
Can i not amuse myself of a cold winters night.
sorry if i caused offence. I was only joking.I stand by all i said though.  ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: snoopdog on November 30, 2010, 04:44:02 PM
get off the GAA section and go to your rugger buddies. Like most of the country your only a bandwagon rugby fan. never claimed to know anything about rugby IMO it is a boring game. wouldnt hold a candle to Gaelic football. but thats my opinion.
would kind of agree that Gaelic football and indeed hurling (played by decent teams) are better to watch and even play in, but there are some good soccer games and also some good rugby games to watch also.
However you will only find these in the english rugby premier league or even the english national team when they are at full strength (prob wont happen again while johnson is manager).
The English and welsh are a joy to watch when at full strength and full flow. Power pack rugby with excellent breaks by big powerful backs (unlike our slighter un-skilled 'stars'). Also england and Wales dont foul or are not offside all the time like NZ , SA and Australia.

Don Johnson

Quote from: snoopdog on November 30, 2010, 04:49:37 PM

is there not an egg chasing site where people can talk about rugby instead of infecting the Gaa  site talking about it.
Is there not some site where narrow-minded idiots such as yourself can talk shite to each other instead of mouthing here for the sake of it? Ah yes, www.hoganstand.com...Now away on like a good girl.

sorry if i caused offence. I was only joking.I stand by all i said though.  ;D ;D

You're not causing any offence you're just being a ballbag. This thread is relevant if you cared to read any of it. Go pull your wire if you need amusement.

Rossfan

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 30, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 30, 2010, 04:49:37 PM

You're not causing any offence you're just being a ballbag. This thread is relevant if you cared to read any of it. Go pull your wire if you need amusement.

Get this pro rugby crap out of the GAA Section immediately please .
A disgusting game and as for those who play it or follow it.......insults fail me.  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyroneboi

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 30, 2010, 04:54:42 PM
get off the GAA section and go to your rugger buddies. Like most of the country your only a bandwagon rugby fan. never claimed to know anything about rugby IMO it is a boring game. wouldnt hold a candle to Gaelic football. but thats my opinion.
would kind of agree that Gaelic football and indeed hurling (played by decent teams) are better to watch and even play in, but there are some good soccer games and also some good rugby games to watch also.
However you will only find these in the english rugby premier league or even the english national team when they are at full strength (prob wont happen again while johnson is manager).
The English and welsh are a joy to watch when at full strength and full flow. Power pack rugby with excellent breaks by big powerful backs (unlike our slighter un-skilled 'stars'). Also england and Wales dont foul or are not offside all the time like NZ , SA and Australia.

Watch any of the SH teams or the Super 14 competition where you will see unbelievable rugby being played. The stuff you see in the Premiership, Six Nations and the Magners League is light years at the moment from what you get in the southern hemisphere. Anybody that says rugby is not very skillful should take a look at these guys week in week out.

I have said it before that some of the skills you get in gaelic football are very transferable to rugby but at the same time they are totally different games to play. Gaelic players can make very effective backs in rugby if they are given the right kind of coaching.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on November 30, 2010, 07:42:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 30, 2010, 04:54:42 PM

Watch any of the SH teams or the Super 14 competition where you will see unbelievable rugby being played. The stuff you see in the Premiership, Six Nations and the Magners League is light years at the moment from what you get in the southern hemisphere. Anybody that says rugby is not very skillful should take a look at these guys week in week out.

I have said it before that some of the skills you get in gaelic football are very transferable to rugby but at the same time they are totally different games to play. Gaelic players can make very effective backs in rugby if they are given the right kind of coaching.
i'd expect I like a different type of rugby than you to be honest (and most people).
I prefer the power play of a well drilled pack.
Forwards and packs win games. Its why NZ have not been a success since the first world cup.
Flowing expansive backline (backs) play rugby looks great, but packs win games and championships - imo!