Thee Definitive GAA discussion board..

Started by 5 Sams, April 20, 2009, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

..is it us?

I know we have AFR and Premier View and Reservoir Dubs srl, srl..
Are we the benchmark?
The Aristocrat Years

TacadoirArdMhacha

Have always assumed that was beyond doubt, even given our (regretable) Ulster emphasis. My recollection of my time on AFR before I discovered here was that it wasn't anything like as busy as the GAAboard. Has it not merged with Clare Hurlers now? Reservoir Dubs seems busy but obviously only really fo interest to Dublin supporters.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Oakleafer93

I like the way its real time on here unlike another well known croke park stand.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

ziggysego

A short arsed, Tyrone man with glasses and bad breath.
Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ziggysego on April 20, 2009, 01:04:39 AM
A short arsed, Tyrone man with glasses and bad breath.

Come on now you're going to narrow it down, most Tyrone men look like that.

ONeill

If you wade through the lamentable mediocrity of the Holylands, you'll find the most definitive match reports and analysis you'll get anywhere. From the drici match updates (how did we live without him during his sabbatical) to Lynchbhoy's crazily irrational theories, this burd has it all. Even wemen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Dont make a hoor out of yerself Ziggy.  One burd is enough for any man. 

Bensars

At least here you have an opinion that may be against the grain.

On Res Dubs you wil be banned if you say anything remotely negitve against the Dubs. It also has the farcicle pat on the back system if you post anything praising the dubs.

Hoganstand is full on schoolkids.

A good measurement would be the number of stories that appear in the print media. There has been a substantial number from this site. Some of the journalists have taken topics word for word.

magickingdom

it would be great if a gaa board existed which all online gaa fans used and all the counties had subsections. the kerry gaa discussion has some very good posters but they wouldnt even know this board exists. it just evolved this way but more is the pity. the afl board has sub sections for all the teams but the subsections here are hardly used. it would take someone with a lot of time and money to set up and promote. of course many members on individual boards would rather stay independent and so for all the above it probably will never happen

ExiledGael

An influx of all GAA fans would probably be a disaster on here. You can see what happens every September/October and at exam/study times. That said, I would love to see a wider base of counties soundly represented. Mayo/Tyrone/Armagh fans seem to have got the word out but there are a few counties with maybe one/two posters tops.
We have some superb posters though, and it's worth reading the board for analysis and reaction ahead of most of our national newspapers after a weekend of games.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bensars on April 20, 2009, 06:36:45 PM
At least here you have an opinion that may be against the grain.

On Res Dubs you wil be banned if you say anything remotely negitve against the Dubs. It also has the farcicle pat on the back system if you post anything praising the dubs.

Hoganstand is full on schoolkids.

A good measurement would be the number of stories that appear in the print media. There has been a substantial number from this site. Some of the journalists have taken topics word for word.
If you aren't "on message" on the Antrim guestbook and praising the county players then your messages are either heavily edited or you get abuse from the admin.

AFR is good for the latest technique in horning calves.

Hoopeddefender

I don't think this site is very good. It is full of know nothing know alls.
'I don't want an apology, I want a locked back door.'

ludermor

aye to the brim.
why do all the newbies feel the need to make themselves stand out and be noticed?