Biased Broadcasting Corporation

Started by zoyler, February 05, 2009, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

Latest Example - The Ulster Council launched their 125 celebrations in Belfast the other day and while the BBC had a journalist there was no camera so no pictures on the TV.  Would such a thing happen for the IFA when the BBC continue to cover every event watched by two men and a dog.

Gnevin

You lot should set up a You Tube channel for NI Gaelic Games
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Maguire01

Have we not already got a full thread dedicated to this?

Open yer eyes Man

The only solution is to ring them everytime you are not happy with the coverage they provide.

If they had 50-100 calls every evening from disgruntled GAA members looking to speak to Shane Glynn, would that make a difference?  Not sure but if it was me taking the calls, I would be too happy.

tyrone86

We, the Gaels of Ulster, truly are the most oppressed people ever  ::)

I eagerly await the extensive coverage that the 3 other provincial councils get from RTE, the true broadcasting sons of Ireland.

orangeman

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on February 05, 2009, 10:58:48 AM
The only solution is to ring them everytime you are not happy with the coverage they provide.

If they had 50-100 calls every evening from disgruntled GAA members looking to speak to Shane Glynn, would that make a difference?  Not sure but if it was me taking the calls, I would be too happy.

They don't give a shite and worse still are the apologists for them.

Drumanee 1

it would not matter how many times you call them to complain they will just say it's down to budget and all that crap,wouldnt waste my time

Carbery

Quote from: zoyler on February 05, 2009, 10:38:57 AM
Latest Example - The Ulster Council launched their 125 celebrations in Belfast the other day and while the BBC had a journalist there was no camera so no pictures on the TV.  Would such a thing happen for the IFA when the BBC continue to cover every event watched by two men and a dog.

If there had have been a chance of a row then they would have had a few cameras there and it would have been the lead story on the evening news.

nrico2006

It is a joke, as mentioned there has been threads on this before but FFS on a Saturday you will see coverage of local football and even hockey at times - who gives a toss.  The latest was last Friday when I was hoping to see a bit about the NFL and 125 celebrations but instead we had BBC NI sending that twat Watson on an aimless drive around Europe in advance of the 6 nations - joke!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

An Laoch

Beeb were the only tv station with coverage of yesterdays Sigerson Cup games afaik, give them a break

GrandMasterFlash

Don't see much coverage of the 125 celebrations on the RTÉ website either, the national broadcaster!  :P

ziggysego

Quote from: An Laoch on February 05, 2009, 12:11:14 PM
Beeb were the only tv station with coverage of yesterdays Sigerson Cup games afaik, give them a break

UTV had coverage.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: zoyler on February 05, 2009, 10:38:57 AM

They probably didn't know it was on. I only got the email from the Ulster Council at 5.30pm the night before the launch - after I had left work and too late  to make arrangements to go along the next morning.

Maguire01

BBC Radio Ulster covered this actually. I'm not sure whether i heard it on Good Morning Ulster or the Irish language show that is on in the evening (or both), but they did cover it.

thejuice

Never mind a damn Youtube channel, start your own TV channel altogether that isnt biased. They wont bother reading letters, sure dont they already say they are "proud" of their GAA coverage. You should have a look at the Siegerson coverage on the BBC website, 1st thing they show is a fight, dont show any of the 1st half at all.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016