I think I can fly...

Started by Zulu, January 23, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

tyronefan

thats Peter Harte   some jump

Puckoon

Is that not Niall McKenna Tyronefan? Eugenes son?

EDIT - it is, if you look in the second picture, Peter Harte (#6) is on the ground, to the left of the action.

Puckoon

Thats actually kinda funny - 6, 5, and Tyrones 12, all look like their stepping into a dance there.

Zulu

Yeah I thought it was young McKenna alright, besides his ability to climb into the clouds he is a fine footballer as well, I'd imagine he'll be on the Tyrone U21 panel this year.

tyronefan

your right Puck I just looked at the first photo

tyronefan

INDIANA

surprised he hasn't his pick of aussie rules  clubs, they'll go mad looking for him  based on that.

BallyhaiseMan

Thats a ridiculous jump,
Never seen anything like that in GAA,
Nicholas Walsh from Cavan has a great vertical,But this guy is on a different level.

AFS

I'd say he is 4 foot minimum off the ground there. What would the average player be capable of I wonder?

ONeill

Augher's a great place for the corned beef. My sister did a thesis in university on the positive effects of corned beef. Apparently, and I'm quoting directly, 'eating a tin of corned beef every day is akin to adding another thread to the springs on your heel. The Maoris have a sub-clan who live on corned beef and can jump a height equivalent to the average English cottage.'

I'm surprised Mickey Harte or Pillar Caffrey never looked into this in depth. If anyone wants a copy of the thesis or any more info on this PM me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: AFS on January 23, 2009, 07:40:51 PM
I'd say he is 4 foot minimum off the ground there. What would the average player be capable of I wonder?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/192476711_56c81905e1.jpg?v=0

Nicholas Murphy and Darragh O Se, big men both fit to jump,but neither able to launch both feet off the ground and get as high as this young man.
hed make some basketball player.

ONeill

Ger Cavlan v Antrim 2003. Casement Park. He was jumping higher than Black Mountain.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mattockranger

That photo is breath taking!

reminds me of the famous image of sean walsh and brian mullins leaping in their heyday!!

can't find the image please post it up lads!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

carol6

Considering the genes it comes as no surprise that Niall can leap like a salmon. I remember watching his father Eugene play for Tyrone during the seventies and eighties and he had the uncanny ability to hang in the air. The apple did not fall far from the tree in this case. He leaps and catches like his father and has the same running style as him. If he fills out like his old man he will be a real gem in years to come.