Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

I always take the annual third party cover - not expensive.  I had to use it last year in Dubrovnik (rented with Sixt) and it was really straightforward as long as I got all the right reports from Sixt. 

I was very annoyed at the cost of the repair work that had to be done (total racket), but that's what the cover is for.  I think someone must have scraped against it when we were parked in a tight public car park in Montenegro.

Have used it somewhere else too (think in Geneva airport).  I don't think I took enough pics with that one - certainly none of the damage has been when I've been in or near the car.  Always got the cost covered.

TabClear

Quote from: gallsman on Today at 10:10:37 AMAlways buy your own car hire excess insurance. Can get annual policies for 50 quid odd. The car hire company will absolutely gouge you.

What he said

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/car-hire/article/car-hire-advice/car-hire-insurance-aqd1p9P5n1Rs

clonian

Thanks folks. The company I'm looking at has slashed the excess cost - only €20 extra for the full package and was quoting at €270 extra originally

Don Johnson

Quote from: FermGael on May 12, 2024, 12:38:08 PMAnybody give a recommendation for a Eurocamp near Paris ?

La Croix Du Vieux Pont we stayed at a few years back and actually going back next month. About an hour from Disneyland they run buses there too. Also have bus trips to Paris city centre as well.