All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 06:53:56 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2023, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: Estimator on January 22, 2023, 05:48:30 PM
At the McKenna Cup game last night, McGuigan was substituted off towards the end of the game. Was a Tyrone kickout, Morgan launched it down the terrace side. McGuigan hadn't departed the pitch yet on the stand side, not involved at all in the play that was progressing and in another 5 seconds and he would've been off the playing surface. Ref was notified, and the play brought back for the kickout to be retaken. So even where Mannion was standing should've been enough for the '45 to be retaken.

Cahair O'Kane has already tweeted that Glen won't be appealing.

It's not like that last play from the 45m kick was really impacted by them having 16 players on the pitch so I think for that reason Glen will not object. It had no real material impact on the result unlike say Joe Sheridan scoring a try. The Kilmacud blatant time wasting should have resulted in the referee allowing for one more play though.

Yeah, ref meesed up.

Should have played a total of at least 5 mins, even 6.

I'd say Glen messed up a lot with in front of goal, they messed up their kick outs

So 3 allocated for over 30 minutes and you wanted to double that to 6 in the space of 3 minutes?

Walsh took around 30 seconds for that free on the edge of normal time and there was at least another 90 seconds of dead time. Also if the sideline official and referee realised that the 45m kick had been taken with 16 Kilmacud players on the pitch then it should have been retaken. I think they have every justification for wanting an additional minute.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 06:53:56 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2023, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: Estimator on January 22, 2023, 05:48:30 PM
At the McKenna Cup game last night, McGuigan was substituted off towards the end of the game. Was a Tyrone kickout, Morgan launched it down the terrace side. McGuigan hadn't departed the pitch yet on the stand side, not involved at all in the play that was progressing and in another 5 seconds and he would've been off the playing surface. Ref was notified, and the play brought back for the kickout to be retaken. So even where Mannion was standing should've been enough for the '45 to be retaken.

Cahair O'Kane has already tweeted that Glen won't be appealing.

Walsh took around 30 seconds for that free on the edge of normal time and there was at least another 90 seconds of dead time. Also if the sideline official and referee realised that the 45m kick had been taken with 16 Kilmacud players on the pitch then it should have been retaken. I think they have every justification for wanting an additional minute.

It's not like that last play from the 45m kick was really impacted by them having 16 players on the pitch so I think for that reason Glen will not object. It had no real material impact on the result unlike say Joe Sheridan scoring a try. The Kilmacud blatant time wasting should have resulted in the referee allowing for one more play though.

Yeah, ref meesed up.

Should have played a total of at least 5 mins, even 6.

I'd say Glen messed up a lot with in front of goal, they messed up their kick outs

So 3 allocated for over 30 minutes and you wanted to double that to 6 in the space of 3 minutes?

Well you'll need to change the rules, the ref can't add on time unless it's a stoppage due to injury. Adding time on for subs would be 20 seconds 5 subs per team works out at about 3 minutes   :D

They had 63.45 minutes and lost it when missing those opportunities during the game. Not because the referee didn't add an extra 15 seconds.

If Glen played for another 10 minutes they'd have still lost!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

befair

pbat

I don't think Glen should appeal and the result should stand.

But I think the GAA should come out and stand Derek O Mahoney down for the first two rounds of the national league as a result of todays 16 man c**k up. People will argue its the fourth official's responsibility and to an extent it is, but the buck ultimately stops with the referee. The GAA love these "respect the referee" campaigns but were will be the respect for Glen and all they've put in to this season if Derek is refereeing a division one game next weekend.

My father used to say about Armagh team in the 90's it seemed to be harder to get off the panel than get on it, bit like that with the "elite" referees panel. If there is no consequences to these guys actions were is the motivation to improve standards.

Wildweasel74

What is the official rule playing 90secs with a extra man?

Milltown Row2

In those last minutes of a game its carnage on the line so unfortunately you'll get these confusing situations. Of course that doesn't make it ok either.

If Glen review this game, they'll be cursing those missed chances

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

95 all ireland final, dubs involved as well, just have to suck it up.  As for the game, thought glen should have fisted those goal chances over the bar.  Easy from the tv though

Wildweasel74

What sort of catchment area is Crokes? Know, Slaughtneil and Glen are on top of each other.

Armagh18

The Manchester City of GAA clubs win one to go with all the ones the Man City of counties won. Hard luck to Glen, hope they are back next year.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 07:33:03 PM
In those last minutes of a game its carnage on the line so unfortunately you'll get these confusing situations. Of course that doesn't make it ok either.

First time finalists versus previous year's finalists often involve post mortems.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Saffrongael

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 07:44:16 PM
What sort of catchment area is Crokes? Know, Slaughtneil and Glen are on top of each other.

All the way to Galway, it's huge
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Was the Crokes keeper same lad that had the howler last year in final? Fairly made up for it with that save if so.

straightred

Huge - they'd have well over 100 boys in each year from maybe u8 to 12 or 13 before it starts falling off and they start to lose them

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 07:33:03 PM

One of those goals goes in and they probably win the AI title, thems the fine margins. The one with about 10 minutes to go where the Glen forward missed his kick was the biggest missed chance. The other one in injury time was a snap shot but both players had to go for goal. There were a few other bad options though in the closing stages and I suppose it could be put down to nerves given what's at stake.

On the face of it they lost the title but I felt their overall performance was better than that of Kilcoo in last years final and they had no Walsh or Mannion to contend with. Hopefully they get another chance to win it but there's no guarantee of anything, it's a long grind to get to that stage of the competition.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: straightred on January 22, 2023, 08:20:38 PM

Huge - they'd have well over 100 boys in each year from maybe u8 to 12 or 13 before it starts falling off and they start to lose them

Did I read they had around 20 teams per age group? And don't actually bother with the Dublin leagues but just play in house?
i usse an speelchekor