Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2022/07/27/dalymount-park-redevelopment-to-be-delayed-further-due-to-rising-costs

Why do Dublin council keep givin 'professional Soccer clubs' free pitches allowing them to concentrate their 'Funds to sign Johnny fat basttard and jimmy pastit from 4 division english clubs while the sell on any irish player with a hint of talent to the highest bidder.
this the sam organization that refused to recognose the republics Dails and got 70 million for their incompetency.

Crazy Stuff
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on July 28, 2022, 12:05:43 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2022/07/27/dalymount-park-redevelopment-to-be-delayed-further-due-to-rising-costs

Why do Dublin council keep givin 'professional Soccer clubs' free pitches allowing them to concentrate their 'Funds to sign Johnny fat basttard and jimmy pastit from 4 division english clubs while the sell on any irish player with a hint of talent to the highest bidder.
this the sam organization that refused to recognose the republics Dails and got 70 million for their incompetency.

Crazy Stuff
The Corpo have never given a professional soccer club a free pitch. What the Corpo have seen is the SDCC building a community stadium, it working, and decided to keep Bohs in their county with a similar model. You could argue Bohs are being rewarded for letting 3 sides fall apart of course.

The GAA do alright out of the same councils. In fact the Spawell deal is so advantageous to the DCB it will inevitably be subject to a tribunal. It's a bit churlish to object to soccer getting facilities too, especially when they are going to contain a library and community spaces.

imtommygunn

Some of the stuff on this Shane Walsh transfer. According to the Irish news (well o'Kane) no Dublin senior club should be allowed incoming transfers? Only intermediate.

Silver hill

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 02, 2022, 08:25:46 PM
Some of the stuff on this Shane Walsh transfer. According to the Irish news (well o'Kane) no Dublin senior club should be allowed incoming transfers? Only intermediate.

I think that's a fair enough suggestion. All senior clubs in Dublin will have multiple hundreds if not thousands of members from densely populated urban areas. Let's call this out for what it is, he's been tapped up and I'd be very shocked if there isn't a cash offer or some other similar incentives for him to move to Crokes. At 29 years of age, why would you antagonise and alienate your home community and the club who nurtured you from primary up. The club where you are idolised by the kids and seen as a role model. How difficult would it have been to continue to play for his club whilst he finished his degree. If it's so difficult to commute to train then why isn't he transferring to Dublin from Galway? The beauty of the Gaa is that we play for where we are born and unlike soccer or rugby,success can't be bought by the club with the biggest cheque book. Once that fundamental cornerstone is eroded, we're all on a very slippery slope.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on May 12, 2022, 04:17:49 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2022, 04:16:04 PM
The Vardy Rooney trial. ;D

If ever the term "more money than sense" was invented it was for these two self important balloons..

Lawyers filling their pockets while these two have a playground spat.
Vardy is in a "league" of her own. She looks like a narcissist
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11073371/Tearful-Rebekah-Vardy-speaks-time-losing-Wagatha-Christie-case.html
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 02, 2022, 09:41:42 PM
The Dublin club must really be struggling to get a forward and sure if some outside business man is happy to pay Walsh to come and play then it's no big deal really.

Fundamental cornerstone ffs. It's been dust for decades. We'll accept, even encourage, the payment of managers in the GAA but have a shit attack if it's players. The horse has long bolted.

I agree. We have had mercenaries for years now.

Orior

Here's Jamie Bryson, an unelected spokesperson for loyalists

QuoteSignificant rumours that Victoria Park in East Belfast is to used to have a GAA pitch to be imposed upon the community.

This is an outrageous proposal & entirely unwelcome. The vast majority of the local community do not want the toxic GAA imposed within unionist areas.

and

QuoteAs I understand it, the work on imposing an unwanted GAA pitch on the Sydenham (East Belfast) community will now not go forward after political intervention. It was always an outrageous proposal by an out of control nationalist run council.

So what do all you GAA Boarders from the 26 counties think of this?  Is it okay? Should nationalists just be thankful for being allowed to exist?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on August 02, 2022, 10:52:45 PM
Here's Jamie Bryson, an unelected spokesperson for loyalists

QuoteSignificant rumours that Victoria Park in East Belfast is to used to have a GAA pitch to be imposed upon the community.

This is an outrageous proposal & entirely unwelcome. The vast majority of the local community do not want the toxic GAA imposed within unionist areas.

and

QuoteAs I understand it, the work on imposing an unwanted GAA pitch on the Sydenham (East Belfast) community will now not go forward after political intervention. It was always an outrageous proposal by an out of control nationalist run council.

So what do all you GAA Boarders from the 26 counties think of this?  Is it okay? Should nationalists just be thankful for being allowed to exist?
This is a dog whistle for his followers to either directly intimidate players or wreck the pitches. They might not go ahead now but eventuslly they willl and they'll be tore to bits or broken glass spread over the grass. He's a sick wee piece of shit.

Substandard

I've taken to having a look daily at his tweets, and for the most part look at them with bemusement,  but from time to time they are downright sinister- I saw the first of those tweets earlier, but wouldn't have considered that outcome.  What a dodge.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Silver hill on August 02, 2022, 09:28:28 PM

I think that's a fair enough suggestion. All senior clubs in Dublin will have multiple hundreds if not thousands of members from densely populated urban areas. Let's call this out for what it is, he's been tapped up and I'd be very shocked if there isn't a cash offer or some other similar incentives for him to move to Crokes. At 29 years of age, why would you antagonise and alienate your home community and the club who nurtured you from primary up. The club where you are idolised by the kids and seen as a role model. How difficult would it have been to continue to play for his club whilst he finished his degree. If it's so difficult to commute to train then why isn't he transferring to Dublin from Galway? The beauty of the Gaa is that we play for where we are born and unlike soccer or rugby,success can't be bought by the club with the biggest cheque book. Once that fundamental cornerstone is eroded, we're all on a very slippery slope.

Very magnanimous of you to decide the fella who has moved to Dublin has to commute 4 times a week just to pass your purity test

Silver hill

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 03, 2022, 02:45:53 AM

Very magnanimous of you to decide the fella who has moved to Dublin has to commute 4 times a week just to pass your purity test

He's studying in Dublin to complete his degree just like thousands of other GAA players before him from up and down the country. It would have been very easy to remain with his home club during that period and to play for them at the weekends. There would be no 4 times a week commute and you know it. He could train with any number of clubs in the city without actually transferring as many other players have done before him. Instead, if he proceeds with the transfer, he becomes a pariah amongst his own....and for what really, 30 pieces of silver.
Long term, he'll regret this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Silver hill on August 03, 2022, 09:24:42 AM

He's studying in Dublin to complete his degree just like thousands of other GAA players before him from up and down the country. It would have been very easy to remain with his home club during that period and to play for them at the weekends. There would be no 4 times a week commute and you know it. He could train with any number of clubs in the city without actually transferring as many other players have done before him. Instead, if he proceeds with the transfer, he becomes a pariah amongst his own....and for what really, 30 pieces of silver.

Would your club refuse him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Silver hill on August 03, 2022, 09:24:42 AM

I don't think the club looks great out of this either. It's not like you're talking about near neighbours here -it's a significant regular journey. Would it be ok if he just went to a mediocre dublin club?  It is possibly not long term either though not sure on that.

nrico2006

As already said, if players don't want to travel then why in this case is he not doing a county transfer too?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'