Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2022, 11:44:27 AM
It's impossible.

What's fairly difficult is to watch two streamed games at once.

That is actually very easy.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 10, 2022, 09:13:12 AM
The two big games of the weekend are in division 1b tomorrow. RGU v Loughinisland and Ford v Carryduff. Looking at the last round of fixtures I imagine that these four teams could win the last round so it means this weekend is so vital. Carryduff will really want to cement their safety to bed this weekend so I fear for Bryansford.
The games should be streamed by the clubs as they are so important.

You think Loughinisland will beat Warrenpoint on the last day? Their form isn't exactly good & the point have a lot of county lads back who missed the early part of the season.

I can see Bryansford & Downpatrick both winning last round (against Castlewellan & Rostrevor) so Loughinisland need to beat Downpatrick.
Could be effectively a relegation play off & hard to call.

Carryduff & Warrenpoint must both be disappointed with their league form.
Neither really in relegation trouble but haven't really pulled away from the pack either.
Both very strong squads & have 'invested' in coaching teams.

supersub

The two big games of the weekend are in division 1b tomorrow. RGU v Loughinisland and Ford v Carryduff. Looking at the last round of fixtures I imagine that these four teams could win the last round so it means this weekend is so vital. Carryduff will really want to cement their safety to bed this weekend so I fear for Bryansford.

Some clubs can hardly tweet never mind stream  ::)

TakeTheMark

Quote from: supersub on August 10, 2022, 05:55:34 PM

Some clubs can hardly tweet never mind stream  ::)

True. Although some clubs have been excellent at it this year, in particular I note Glenn and An Riocht have been very good

elk

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on August 10, 2022, 05:48:08 PM

You think Loughinisland will beat Warrenpoint on the last day? Their form isn't exactly good & the point have a lot of county lads back who missed the early part of the season.

I can see Bryansford & Downpatrick both winning last round (against Castlewellan & Rostrevor) so Loughinisland need to beat Downpatrick.

Neither really in relegation trouble but haven't really pulled away from the pack either.
Sure CPN haven't lost a game since the split and are safe?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: elk on August 10, 2022, 08:39:28 PM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on August 10, 2022, 05:48:08 PM

Sure CPN haven't lost a game since the split and are safe?

I would think that they expected to be in the top 4.
League champs unable to defend their crown.
They were poor prior to the split but they did have a good few county lads.

SamFever

Quote from: TakeTheMark on July 30, 2022, 09:38:16 PM
I understand the tiebreaker for two or more teams is H2H, but what is the tiebreaker for 3 or more teams on same points? is it a H2H minileague or straight score difference? i see three teams are on 17 and Loughinisland on 15 so it is very possible a team could go down based on tiebreaker
What is the H2H rules for two teams level on points in a two way league.It says in the bye laws that "it is the outcome of the meetings in the previous games of the competition"
What if each team won 1 each? It is the points difference then of those two games?
    Asking for a friend😉

thebar

How did Loughinisland get dragged in relegation a team that could have made the top 4? Others stepping up when it counts? Injuries? Thought when league split no way they would be fighting to stay in Division at this stage.

Godsown

That is correct Sam. Say Div 1 at the bottom part of the league where the teams have played each other twice, if two teams finish level points and have won one game each in their two games then the score difference in their matches comes in to play

SamFever

Quote from: Godsown on August 10, 2022, 09:51:54 PM
That is correct Sam. Say Div 1 at the bottom part of the league where the teams have played each other twice, if two teams finish level points and have won one game each in their two games then the score difference in their matches comes in to play
Not the news I wanted for us.

Godsown

urbangael

I see Shamrocks and Drumgath have both been promoted into Div 2 and play a league final tomorrow night.  Any players from either side that could possibly make the county panel?
I'd say Lavery will look in all 4 divisions and maybe hold trials a bit like the Tyrone set up. 

Truth hurts

Quote from: urbangael on August 11, 2022, 01:24:21 PM
I see Shamrocks and Drumgath have both been promoted into Div 2 and play a league final tomorrow night.  Any players from either side that could possibly make the county panel?
I'd say Lavery will look in all 4 divisions and maybe hold trials a bit like the Tyrone set up.

Shea McConville has potential but needs to bulk up,  Gough is playing well and a young player Gorman has caught the eye when I saw them play this year. Conor will hopefully look further than Loughisland for players unlike other managers.

urbangael

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 11, 2022, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: urbangael on August 11, 2022, 01:24:21 PM

Shea McConville has potential but needs to bulk up,  Gough is playing well and a young player Gorman has caught the eye when I saw them play this year. Conor will hopefully look further than Loughisland for players unlike other managers.

Gough was tried before if memory serves me correct.  Not sure how he performed. McConville probably isn't the only one that needs S&C.. lots of players round the county could benefit from this.  The transformation in the physical make up of Armagh and Derry in particular in the last 2 yrs has been massive.  No doubt CL will have the right man working on this from early on.

Phoenix rising

The division one team all the forum experts continuously wrote off have 19 points - doesn't look like they are going away