Vtec Innotab or LeapFrog LeapPad?

Started by nrico2006, November 28, 2011, 02:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anyone bought any of these devices?  Looking to get one for a 3 year old, but not sure what the big differences are between the two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

I'd also have an interest in the topic. 4 year old was very interested in these in Smyths when we took him on a scouting mission.

And a green sword that he hasn't stopped talking about since - in fact it was a Star wars lightsabre that cost almost 50 notes and would be smashed in about 50 seconds against some wall  :D

AidyMac

Had serious hassle finding the Leappad - gave up and bought the Leapfrog Explorer instead

Got an email yesterday to say that the Leappad was back in so I bought it also.  From reading up on it, I think the Leappad is best of the lot - though everyone will have their own ideas.  Will left you know in the New Year as to how the LeapPad gets on

nrico2006

Took a read at that this morning and they seem much the same really, with big differences being the camera (LeapPad) and you can buy an AC Adaptor for one of them (Innotab) too instead of relying on batteries.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Gs Man

Santas bringing the wee girl a leappad this year.  She already had the leapster.  Great selection of games and very educational.
Keep 'er lit

Minder

Getting the wee girl a Leappad, you could be doing well getting your hands on either of them. Read yesterday people were selling the Argos reservation number on EBay for £35.

Beyond the pale.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Buy them an iPad 2 and don't be so f**king miserable.

The Gs Man

Amazon doing them for 80 quid. Free delivery!
Keep 'er lit

Minder

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 28, 2011, 09:54:37 PM

Got ours for £55 a few months ago on Amazon, early bird.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oakleafgael

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 28, 2011, 02:31:08 PM
Anyone bought any of these devices?  Looking to get one for a 3 year old, but not sure what the big differences are between the two.

Both would do the job well, only thing I would say is that unless they are closer to 4 than 3 it might be a bit forward for them.

Santino

Would you be as well setting these things up b4 Christmas? Is there much to it?

nrico2006

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 28, 2011, 09:54:37 PM

Been on Amazon and they seem to be a lot more than £80.

Bingo

They seem to be in short supply alright - Argos not have them it seems anyway. Sent the woman off to hunt one down round the local larger townstores - Smyths, etc

Denn Forever

Is this this years must have?  Cabbage Patch Doll of 2011?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...