Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 05, 2022, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 05, 2022, 09:39:44 PM
Belfast to Loch an Iúir via Derry City or Ballygawley>Omagh? Google maps suggests both similar duration.
Always go Derry but much of a muchness. Avoids Strabane I suppose.

Avoids Tyrone full stop. 😂

naka

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 09:49:15 PM
Quote from: naka on August 05, 2022, 08:14:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 08:43:51 PM
Malaga, hotel Miramar... lovely spot but Malaga for food is amazing.. great city so far
The fish restaurant across the road is excellent MR, food in hotel also good
But have to say Malaga definitely a great city with some fabulous restaurants close to the cathedral

Taking the bride on first major august trip  since marriage ( in the 90s) normally had the month blocked out for the all Ireland
Getting old now, kids heading with their mates and just the two of us
We won't know what to talk about

Yes fish place was great... though was booked solid when we headed across so had some beers instead !!
We'd cocktails every night in the rooftop terrace at the hotel..

As you say old great. Our kids all were in their own hols so we were in the same boat, eating and drinking sorted out the awkward conversations  ;D
Kinda hoping the same will sort us out

AustinPowers

Not really a holiday  question but anyway.......

Have to do a through the night  trip from Derry to Galway.

Are there any Applegreen stations or 24 hour service stations  on this route,......just to break up the journey, have a drink  etc?

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 06, 2022, 07:35:19 PM
Not really a holiday  question but anyway.......

Have to do a through the night  trip from Derry to Galway.

Are there any Applegreen stations or 24 hour service stations  on this route,......just to break up the journey, have a drink  etc?
There is an Applegreen in Sligo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Barnster

Belfast to Loch an Iúir via Derry City or Ballygawley>Omagh? Google maps suggests both similar duration.

You're like me delivering the additional euro. ;D

nrico2006

Anybody been to Spain recently? What you need to prove you are vaccinated?  13 year old has one dose but never got 2nd as she got COVID 3 weeks ago - how do you prove she had it within the past 90 days?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Barnster on August 06, 2022, 08:43:03 PM

You're like me delivering the additional euro. ;D
It was for the brother. He said he had to call on a welfare visit to the daughter ;D

bennydorano

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 06, 2022, 08:47:05 PM
Anybody been to Spain recently? What you need to prove you are vaccinated?  13 year old has one dose but never got 2nd as she got COVID 3 weeks ago - how do you prove she had it within the past 90 days?
Went through Malaga airport few weeks back, they did a half hearted vaccine check, looked but didn't scan anything. They'd still plenty of staff allocated to it tho.

If you registered your daughters positive and got a text back I'd say that would be 100% in addition to the one vaccine jab.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on August 06, 2022, 09:06:51 PM
Went through Malaga airport few weeks back, they did a half hearted vaccine check, looked but didn't scan anything. They'd still plenty of staff allocated to it tho.

If you registered your daughters positive and got a text back I'd say that would be 100% in addition to the one vaccine jab.

I did register it, but seemed pointless i.e. I filled a form online to say she had a positive lateral flow, just thought it was a waste of time as what's stopping anybody from doing the same if they want to travel and haven't been vaccinated?

Is there an app that is needed to prove adults vaccine status?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 06, 2022, 09:20:44 PM

I did register it, but seemed pointless i.e. I filled a form online to say she had a positive lateral flow, just thought it was a waste of time as what's stopping anybody from doing the same if they want to travel and haven't been vaccinated?

Is there an app that is needed to prove adults vaccine status?
The CovidcertNI or Covid Tracker Ireland App (EU Digi cert)

bennydorano

You'll need to add the kids certs to your / wife's account

Jeepers Creepers

Just back from Mallorca and all covid passports/apps routinely checked at at separate check desk after passport control.

Norf Tyrone

Through Malaga this week.

Loads of staff to check and were stopping folk at random. However looked to be about 5pc of passengers being stopped.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

johnnycool

Anyone know the best way to get from Charles DeGaulle airport to Eurodisney?

I'm told there's shuttle buses.

JimStynes

I'm for Paris next week. Going by what I'm reading all covid checks have been lifted? Anyone been to france recently that can confirm this. Also any Paris experts out there that can help with an itinerary?