Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 19, 2022, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: SticksandStones on August 19, 2022, 11:06:21 AM
I have no issue with aggressive football. Aggressive hard hitting football is very exciting and great to watch. But people are going out on pitches week in week out and think that because its on a football pitch that its fine to assault opposition players and if it happened on a Saturday night somewhere they would be thrown into the back of a police car. Is it going to take someone getting seriously brain for this to change? I personally would prefer preventative measures rather than a reaction to something that has been boiling for years

I heard the CCC are now meeting to discuss the issues due to the publicity and could be issuing bans and fines to prevent in the future.

Fines don't prevent anything. All they do is rob club coffers.

Disrepute bans (months rather than games) work effectively but are certain to be overturned on appeal  unless a player is clearly acting in an unusually aggressive way. If it's inevitably going to be overturned, then why bother going there at all?

Match bans don't work much either in league football. At worst a man might get a two game suspension, and almost certainly just one. He won't even notice it. Might even enjoy a weekend off.

2badteams

I have no issue with aggressive football. Aggressive hard hitting football is very exciting and great to watch. But people are going out on pitches week in week out and think that because its on a football pitch that its fine to assault opposition players and if it happened on a Saturday night somewhere they would be thrown into the back of a police car. Is it going to take someone getting seriously brain for this to change? I personally would prefer preventative measures rather than a reaction to something that has been boiling for years

I heard the CCC are now meeting to discuss the issues due to the publicity and could be issuing bans and fines to prevent in the future.

Cant see frank mcclorey calling it a disgrace like a few years ago now that the boys that went to the school around the corner were acting the candyman in Mayobridge.

Bans and fines will be crap but regardless the CCC will be down your weather watching way tomorrow Frankie and Lav. Take care be good bye bye

Conks

Quote from: Godsown on August 16, 2022, 03:50:19 PM

Any truth in the rumour that Banty or Corrigan are joining the backroom ticket?

Think there's legs in the story about Gavin. Heard he was in the Greenans at the weekend.
Some Danish guy called Lars ( didn't get his surname) joining back room as S&C coach. Has worked with Morgan apparently before
[/quote]

I hear that this guy Lars from Denmark is highly rated. You could say he's a great Dane! Very obedient and like a dog with a bone during his sessions!

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on August 19, 2022, 11:31:35 AM

Fines don't prevent anything. All they do is rob club coffers.

Disrepute bans (months rather than games) work effectively but are certain to be overturned on appeal  unless a player is clearly acting in an unusually aggressive way. If it's inevitably going to be overturned, then why bother going there at all?

Match bans don't work much either in league football. At worst a man might get a two game suspension, and almost certainly just one. He won't even notice it. Might even enjoy a weekend off.

You are a wind up merchant seeing you were the driver of getting the Ballyholland bans overtunrned when they played RGU.

thewobbler

I'm not a wind up merchant. I'm just someone who happened to learn a lot, in a short space of time, about the shambles that is the disciplinary process set by GAA HQ.

CCC would be wasting time for everyone and anyone to award anything other than one match bans to those who were sent off. Not their fault, that's just the way it is.

CCC will also have to dish out a fine of £500 or £1,000 to each club, as that's their precedent in these situations.

Beyond that, move on

TakeTheMark

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 19, 2022, 10:23:53 AM
The Kilcoo/Burren rivalry the past few years will die out when one becomes less successful. Burren is jealous of the magpie's recent glories and Kilcoo has been living rent-free in their heads for years. Burren like most south Down clubs have a superiority complex and they haven't dominated Down football since the late 80s/early 90s and this is hurting their ego. They have resorted to taking players from other parishes close to them to increase their underage success which has bore them fruit as they can field 2 teams at every age level. On Wednesday they took an aggressive game to Kilcoo and to be fair were physical for them. On the other hand, Kilcoo was missing a few regulars who will be starting v Clonduff. A lot of observers from Wednesday night have been writing obituaries for Kilcoo but I won't be buying a mass card for the pride of East Down yet.

Congratulations, that is probably the tallest mountain of s**** I've ever seen posted on here. And that's saying something

downtothecore

Some of it s h ite but some truth also

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on August 19, 2022, 12:53:44 PM
I'm not a wind up merchant. I'm just someone who happened to learn a lot, in a short space of time, about the shambles that is the disciplinary process set by GAA HQ.

CCC would be wasting time for everyone and anyone to award anything other than one match bans to those who were sent off. Not their fault, that's just the way it is.

CCC will also have to dish out a fine of £500 or £1,000 to each club, as that's their precedent in these situations.

Beyond that, move on

Correct.

1 match ban to be served in the 2023 league.

Fines it is.

Hard2Listen2

Castlewellan, Rostrevor, Ballyholand & Downpatrick all down?

Replaced by Longstone & Bredagh?

DuffGael

Take league points off them next year, -15 points woul shake them up .

Square Ball

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on August 19, 2022, 09:02:36 PM
Castlewellan, Rostrevor, Ballyholand & Downpatrick all down?

Replaced by Longstone & Bredagh?
I make it

Division 1 next year.

Burren
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Clonduff
CPN
Bryansford
Carryduff
Loughinisland
Longstone
Bredagh
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

sdg

What is going on in Castlewellan,  that is some hammering the week before the championship starts??

befair

Bryansford a bit fortunate last night; Rostrevor had a needless red card (and perhaps slightly harsh) early in the 2nd half, but as usual, the team that needs the win usually gets the win. Shooting from both sides was abysmal.

Johnnysboys

How come we don't do a season ticket for all championship games in football and hurling the way the likes of Armagh and Derry do? Armagh is £80 and Derry £70 for all games - surely the county board shud look at something like this??

Truth hurts

What's going on in Castlewellan, that was some hammering on Friday. Great to see Bryansford staying up after a tough week for the club.