Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosskarr

Integaration I believe, is fine at Club level if everyone is for it,but at County/Nationally it'll be a disaster.No offence to Ladies sports
but it'll ruin it for the original Association.Too much work,sweat,tears and fundraising has gone on for years for us to just
give these two sports an equal footing at the top Tables of Croke Park and County.As a whatsapp was joking this week it's maybe time women fought WW3 if it happens/ ;D ;D

SticksandStones

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 24, 2022, 10:52:57 AM
Is it true a few teams are pulling out of the u19 league which starts this weekend? A Town man told me this morning that Ballyholland harps are not fielding this weekend?

I believe Castlewellan have pulled out of the competiton, to be replaced by Dromintee. Is this another East Down Gaa force?

Ed Hardy

Team for tomorrow evening;

McMahon
Fegan
McElroy
Collins
O'Hagan
McParland
Laverty
Doherty
Murdock
Poland
Kerr
Mooney
Gilmore
Havern
McKernan

Hopefully a few of the Kilcoo boys on the bench. 

SamFever

Quote from: SamFever on February 22, 2022, 08:39:25 AM
Quote from: SamFever on February 06, 2022, 03:36:07 PM
Quote from: SamFever on February 04, 2022, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: SamFever on January 30, 2022, 01:52:08 PM
Rory Burns. 2/10

Peter Fegan 5/10
Finn McElroy7/10
Gerard Collins 5/10
Ruairi McCormack 6/10
Niall McParland 6/10
Darren O'Hagan 5/10

Anthony Doherty 6/10
Odhran Murdock 7/10

Caplin  Mooney 6/10
Liam Kerr 5/10
Cormac McCartan 4/10
Barry O'Hagan 6/10
Kevin McKernan 4/10
Andrew Gilmore 6/10

Management 5.5/10

Management have taken heed of my ratings and Rory Burns loses out. I hope the the player ratings improve from last week.

Gary McMahon 5/10

Peter Fegan 4/10
Finn McElroy 6/10
Benny McArdle 5/10

Ruairi McCormack 5/10
Niall McParland 6/10
Darren O'Hagan 4/10

Anthony Doherty 3.5/10
Odhran Murdock 5.5/10

Caolan Mooney 4/10
Liam Kerr 5.5/10
Cormac McCartan 4.5/10

Barry O'Hagan 6.5/10
Kevin McKernan 3/10
Andrew Gilmore 5.5/10

Management 5/10

Burns 6.5/10

Peter Fegan 5/10
Finn McElroy 6/10
Collins 6/10

DoHagan 7/10
Niall McParland 6.5/10
Mooney 4.5/10

Anthony Doherty 6/10
Poland 6/10

Murdock 7/10
Kerr 7/10
Mccormack 3.5/10

Gilmore 5.5/10
Havern 6.5/10
Mccartan 4/10

Management 6.5/10
Management paying heed to the ratings.Both my ratings of 3.5 and 4 have been replaced for tomorrow's game.Although an underperformer from previous games getting another chance.Why
not give others a chance?Kevin's best days are well gone.Good to be rotating the keepers.

Square Ball

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 25, 2022, 10:23:05 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on February 25, 2022, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 25, 2022, 08:20:16 AM
Ladies at club level are integrated, at county level if the 3 codes talked to each other surely it would be easier for clubs. Some of the fixture clashings is crazy and not fair on clubs to sort out.

That's due to clubs not having the members to run a committee for both.. Still under 3 different associations and insurance is a lot dearer to register players in the LGFA. Hopefully they do the sensible thing and vote to bring the 3 together, ladies are an after thought and it's purely down to LGFAs stubbornness

eh no,  because it's the right thing to do. Imagine separate committees in GAA, Camogie, and LGFA  in Bredagh. You would need the secretary-general of the united nations in to sort the rows out
Theres 4 sub committees, each code has there own.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ed Hardy

U20's beat Antrim 3.5 to 0.9 in Ballykinlar. Anyone at it?

Lotto

We still haven't managed to sort out our kickouts, the last management didn't have any strategy and neither does this one. Quite a few passengers in the Down team tonight!

Mourne Red

Look forward to SamFevers ratings for this match

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on February 26, 2022, 06:10:37 PM
We still haven't managed to sort out our kickouts, the last management didn't have any strategy and neither does this one. Quite a few passengers in the Down team tonight!

First time, I think, that I've wholeheartedly agreed with something you've written. And it's the seasoned players who are the bigger problem.

Roscommon are a better team. No doubt. But it's their urgency that's more eyecatching.

Nanderson

Down are so good at going out and executing the game plan 'dont attempt to win midfield'. When was the last time we had a dominant midfield? 2010 with ambrose and kalum and fitzpatrick as a reserve?

5times5times

Div 4 here we come lads... Look so so unfit compared to the Rossies.

Are we possibly the worst team in Ulster??

whitegoodman

I wouldn't lose the plot now lads.  We aren't going to div 4 and aren't the worst team in Ulster.

We have played the 3 best teams in the league at this stage so let's see where we are at the end of the league with the Kilcoo lads back.

I do agree we don't look fit and are carrying too many passengers.

SamFever

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 26, 2022, 06:13:32 PM
Look forward to SamFevers ratings for this match
They will be harsh.Time also to be rating our Subs.Dismal stuff.It'll be tomorrow before I compile
these although Truth Hurts will not be online to see these eagerly awaited ratings until he's back in School on Monday. ;D

TakeTheMark

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 26, 2022, 07:27:23 PM
I wouldn't lose the plot now lads.  We aren't going to div 4 and aren't the worst team in Ulster.

We have played the 3 best teams in the league at this stage so let's see where we are at the end of the league with the Kilcoo lads back.

I do agree we don't look fit and are carrying too many passengers.

Absolutely second this. Roscommon are a very good side, and how many thought a few months ago that this game would be a win?

There were spells of very good Down football this evening, and I feel if the kickouts were better then that could have been a much closer game. The amount of kickout ball lost then returned for a Roscommon score was far too high.

I feel the current squad are coming on rightly and with a few Kilcoo lads in, it bodes well ahead of Offaly in two weeks.

sdg

The biggest surprise for me, was that people on here actually fought we would beat Roscommon. Can someone tell me what Aiden o rourke has achieved in the game as a coach/manager?